To use Map View, you'll need to:
- Have the latest version of the Ring app.
- Enable the Ring Alexa Skill.
- If you don't turn on the Alexa Skill feature, your app will display an error.
- Make sure your Amazon and Ring accounts are linked.
- Check that the email address that you're using for your Ring account is the same one as your Amazon account.
- Have a registered Location in your Ring app.
- You may also need to update the operating system on your mobile device.
Map View tile shows old location (moved)
A simple fix is to turn off Map View and turn it on again. This will start a new setup and you can set property outlines and pin devices again.
Map View on dashboard tile disappeared / Map View is black
For Map View to work properly, check the following: 1. Ring account and Amazon accounts must be linked (using the same email address). 2. Ring Alexa skill must be turned on 3. Be signed into your Amazon account on the Ring app. 4. Provide consent for Alexa-connected devices during set up.
Home not showing in satellite view
Use your best estimate and draw property/building outlines. New construction or homes covered by trees may not be visible in a satellite image.
How to use Field of View Cones
Field of View Cones are off by default and can be turned on by going to Map View settings, Map Settings, and selecting "Show Fields of View."
Doorbells and security cameras misaligned in different map styles
Manually adjust the outlines on the map to a view that looks more accurate.
Default building outlines aren't accurate
Manually adjust the anchor points to align with your property.
Security cameras and doorbells are too close together on map
Devices that overlap or are positioned closely together will be clustered together. Pinch to zoom to un-cluster the devices and take a closer look.
Map looks less detailed using Dark Mode
Switch to Light Mode in your Device settings. Our engineers are working on enhancements to the Dark Mode maps.