What is Map View?
Map View allows you to pin your video doorbells and security cameras on a map, and see them at a glance from an overhead view in the Ring app.
Map View can be used for all Ring video doorbells and security cameras.
This feature is currently available in the US for account owners. Shared Users cannot activate Map View.
What You Need to Know to Use Map View
To use Map View you'll need to:
- Have the latest version of the Ring app.
- Make sure your Amazon and Ring accounts are linked using the same email address for your Ring account as your Amazon account.
- Enable the Ring Alexa Skill.
- If you don't turn on the Alexa Skill feature, your app will display an error.
Add Alexa-Connected devices to the Ring app (which you can do during the setup of Map View).
- Have a registered Location in your Ring app.
- You may also need to update the operating system on your mobile device.
How to Set Up Map View in the Ring App
1. Tap the three lines (≡) on the top left of your dashboard.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Map View.
4. From the Map View screen, you can follow the in-app prompts to:
- Position devices on your map.
- Choose a map style and manage the layers of the map.
- You can also Turn Off Map View from this screen at any time.
Changing Locations and Using Map View
If you're going to move your location, turn off Map View in the Ring app, then re-enroll so that you can set new building and property outlines and position your devices.