Once you've followed the steps in the Ring app to setup your Ring Intercom and connect its wires, it's time to mount your Ring Intercom. You can use either the included double-sided tape or screws, depending on the surface of your wall. Follow the steps below to mount your Ring Intercom according to your preferred mounting option.
Mounting Ring Intercom with Double-sided Tape
Your Ring Intercom comes with double-sided tape on the back for easy installation.
Note: Do not mount your Ring Intercom until you have completed the wiring set up and you know the device’s exact location, as the double-sided tape cannot be reused.
Important: Double check the condition of your walls before applying the tape. The surface should be smooth and flat. We recommend installing your Ring Intercom with screws if your wall is:
- Textured or porous
- Covered by VOC finish
- Covered by wallpaper
- Covered by paint that’s not cured
- Covered by non-stick paint
- Made of uncovered brick, Styrofoam, or foamed materials
- Aged or delaminated
- In an environment with a humidity level above 80%
- In an environment with a temperature below 32º F (0º C) or above 95º F (35º C)
If your wall meets any of the above conditions, use the included screws to mount your Ring Intercom instead (see below).
How to Mount Ring Intercom Using Double-sided Tape
To secure your Ring Intercom to the wall with the provided tape, simply follow these steps:
- Clean the wall with alcohol.
Note: Do not use household cleaners or water. Make sure the surface is clean and dry before applying adhesive.
- Find the desired location for placement. Remove the back liner of both tapes.
Note: Avoid touching the adhesive with your fingers.
- When you have your device aligned straight, press firmly with both hands and hold for 30 seconds to ensure a firm attachment.
How to Remove Ring Intercom and Double-sided Tape
To remove Ring Intercom and the attached double-sided tape from your wall, watch the video above or simply follow these steps:
- Pull off the transparent pull tabs.
- Hold the device with one hand and use the other hand to pull the tape tab slowly and in line with the direction of the tape.
Mounting Ring Intercom with Screws
Your Ring Intercom comes with mounting screws.
How to Mount Ring Intercom Using Screws
1. Remove the faceplate, if attached.
2. If mounting on wood surface: screw in your Ring Intercom.
If you’re mounting on brick, concrete, or stucco, skip to the next step.
- Place your device at the desired mounting location. You will need to mount it close enough to your existing intercom that the cable can be easily connected.
- Using the included double-sided screwdriver, secure the device with the provided screws.
3. If mounting on brick, concrete, or stucco: Pre-drill holes for the anchors.
- Use your Ring Intercom mounting holes as a template to mark the install location. You will need to mount it close enough to your existing intercom that the cable can be easily connected.
- Use a power drill and 6 mm drill bit (not included) to drill holes at the desired mounting location.
- Insert the included plastic anchors (6 mm) into the holes. You may need to (carefully) hammer the anchors in.
- Line up your device with the anchors. Using the included double-sided screwdriver, secure the device with the provided screws
4. Replace the faceplate.
Reattach the faceplate of your Ring Intercom.