These instructions are for the Ring Alarm Pro Base Station. See images below to confirm that you have this device.
Click here to check instructions for the Ring Alarm Base Station.
What if Your Ring Alarm Pro Is Stuck on Cellular Backup* or Offline?
Ring Alarm Cellular Backup* is a feature that allows you to continue receiving alarm protection when there is no internet access, no 24/7 Backup Internet* data left, or when running on internal battery. To use Cellular Backup, you must have a Ring Protect subscription. It is a valuable feature when you have a power or internet outage and allows you to avoid having your Alarm Pro go offline.
If after power or internet is restored your Ring Alarm Pro Base Station doesn’t switch back to your internet network, follow these troubleshooting steps.
Troubleshooting Steps if Your Ring Alarm Pro Base Station Is Stuck on Cellular Backup or Offline
- If there was a power outage, confirm that the power is back on and your Alarm Pro Base Station is now re-connected to a working AC power source. If you don’t have the option to plug your Alarm Pro Base Station into a working AC power source, you can use a Ring Power Pack. Click here to learn more.
- Confirm that you have a working internet connection:
- If you are going to use an ethernet connection, make sure your Pro Base Station and modem are connected via ethernet and that the ethernet cords are properly plugged into the devices.
- If you don’t have the option to connect your Pro Base Station to a working internet connection, use 24/7 Backup Internet*, which is available when you subscribe to the Ring Protect Pro plan. Ring Protect Pro provides you with 3GB of monthly data and you can opt in to receive Extra Data. Click here to learn more.
- Reboot your modem or MRC by powering off for two minutes and then back on if your home internet connection is not working or contact your Internet Service Provider.
- If you check the above steps and the Pro Base Station is still not connected to the internet (if the wifi LED on the back of your Pro Base Station is not green, it is not connected to the internet), reboot your Pro Base Station.
Quickly press and release the reset button at the back of the device with a paper clip or similar tool.
DO NOT PRESS AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON DOWN LONGER THAN ONE SECOND TO AVOID FACTORY RESETTING THE DEVICE.
What if Your Ring Alarm Pro is Stuck on 24/7 Backup Internet*?
When you experience an internet outage at your home, it’s important to keep your Ring Alarm Pro running seamlessly. 24/7 Backup Internet* allows you to keep your Alarm Pro Base Station connected until your internet is back online. You must subscribe to a Ring Protect Pro plan to use this feature.
Once your internet service is restored, your Alarm Pro Base Station should resume its normal connection. If it continues to stay stuck in 24/7 Backup Internet*, there are a few actions you can take to troubleshoot this issue.
Troubleshooting Steps if Your Ring Alarm Pro Base Station Is Stuck on 24/7 Backup Internet
If after internet is restored and your Alarm Pro Base Station is still stuck in 24/7 Backup Internet*, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Reboot your modem / MRC (modem router combo) with the Ring Alarm Pro connected.
- Power off your modem for at least 2 full minutes.
- Power on the modem first and make sure it’s online prior to plugging in the Ring Alarm Pro.
- Swap ethernet ports on modem and/or Ring Alarm Pro.
- Ensure that the ethernet cable between the Ring Alarm Pro and the modem isn't frayed and is in good condition. Replace with a new ethernet cord if necessary and again, make sure that the Ring Alarm Pro is properly connected to the modem. Additionally, it's best to make sure the Ring Alarm Pro is the only device connected to the modem via ethernet.
- Confirm that you have an active internet connection at the modem or upstream router. Connect a device like a laptop or desktop to the modem or router and see if the internet is reachable.
- Check to see if your ISP requires a Static IP. If so, follow these instructions to complete setup.
* Compatible Ring Protect subscription required (sold separately). Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. Will require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro for more details. Ring Alarm Pro is designed to be used as a router, and using your Alarm Pro as an extender will prevent you from accessing many of the Protect Pro subscription features, including 24/7 Backup Internet.
What Happens When Your Ring Alarm Goes Offline
More Info About Ring Protect Pro Plan
eero Troubleshooting Support