When your Ring Alarm sounds, whether due to an Exit or Entry Delay, Contact Sensor, or Motion Detector, the Base Station sounds either a chirp tone or the siren.
Now, you can also enable your Alexa-enabled Echo device to mimic these sounds with Play Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices.
Benefits of Having Security Chirps and Sirens on Your Echo
The Ring Alarm Base Station comes with a built-in 104dB siren, yet there can be benefits to adding additional sirens throughout your home or business. Play Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices allows alarm sounds to be extended throughout your home or business from each of your Echo devices.
If you have a larger home (e.g. spread out, multiple floors, multiple rooms) or business, or you just want to hear your Alarm from more parts of your home, enable Play Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices to allow you to hear alarm sounds from multiple points. You will also hear entry and exit delays countdown on your Echo devices.
How to Turn On Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices in the Alexa App
- Ring Skill for Alexa must be enabled in your Alexa app. Click here for step by step instructions.
- Link your Ring and Amazon accounts. Click here for step by step instructions.
- Open the Alexa app and navigate to the Devices icon in the bottom right corner.
- Slide tile of devices near the header of the page to the left and tap 'All Devices' tile.
- Scroll through the list of ‘All Devices’ and select your Ring Security system (designated by a shield icon, see below).
- Tap Play Alarm Sounds on Echo devices in Ring Alarm device settings to enable the feature. Select specific Alarm sounds and also the specific Echo devices that will mirror the alarm sounds.
Is this available in all locales?
- Play Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices is available in the US only at this time.
Do I need a subscription to use this feature?
- This feature currently does not require a Ring Protect Plan.
Which Echo devices are supported?
- It's recommended that you use the Echo Dot (3rd Gen or later), Echo Plus (2nd Gen or later), or Echo Show 5, 8, 10, or 15 with this feature.
Can I customize which Alarm sounds to hear on my Echo devices?
Yes, in the Ring app you can individually toggle whether you want your Echo device to sound door and window chimes, entry and exit delays, and sirens. You also have a choice of sounds.
What sound choices will I have for my Echo devices?
In the Ring app, your choice of sounds include:
- Wind Chime
- Ding Dong
- Dinner Bell
- Ping Pong
Does this feature work for burglar, fire, and carbon monoxide alarming events?
Does the sound from Echo devices mirror the T-3 and T-4 Base Station sounds for fire (T-3) and carbon monoxide (T-4)?
Yes smoke and carbon monoxide alarms will mirror T-3 and T-4 siren sounds from the Base Station.