Dark Mode began rolling out with x.51 version of the Ring app on May 23, 2022. If you don't have access to Dark Mode right now, the latest version of the Ring app has not yet rolled out to your device. All customers will be able to enjoy Dark Mode on their iOS and Android devices in the coming days. Use this link if you need to learn how to make sure you have the latest version of the Ring App.
Dark Mode is a feature that improves the contrast on app screens so the text is easier to read against the background. Dark mode also helps readability in an environment where there is limited light and helps preserve mobile battery life.
In order to use Dark Mode, your mobile device must be updated to the iOS 13 or Android 10 operating systems. If you need to learn how to update your mobile device operating system, you can use this link
How to Set Up Dark Mode in the Ring App
- Tap the three lines (☰) on the top left
- Scroll down in the left menu to see Display
- Tap Display
- Select Auto to follow the settings on your mobile device
- Select Off to keep a light background on most screens
- Select On to switch to a dark background.
How to Set Up Dark Mode in your Mobile Device Settings
- Go to Settings
- Tap Display & Brightness
- Select Dark to turn on Dark Mode
- Open device Settings
- Select Accessibility
- Under “Display” turn on Dark theme