Return your Ring Alarm Base Station back to normal after a power or internet outage by switching it from Ring Alarm Cellular Backup to your internal network.
Ring Alarm Cellular Backup1 is a feature that allows you to continue receiving alarm protection when there is no home internet access or when running on internal battery. To use Alarm Cellular Backup, you must subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan subscription. It is a valuable feature when you have a power or internet outage and allows you to avoid having your system go offline.
After power or internet is restored, if you’re having an issue with switching your Ring Alarm Base Station back to your internet network, follow these troubleshooting steps.
Switching from Alarm Cellular back to your internal network
If there was a power outage, make sure that the power is back on and that your Base Station is now re-connected to a working AC power source.
To switch back to your internal network:
- Confirm that you have a working internet connection. If you have:
- Wifi: Check the wifi signal where your Base Station is set up by bringing your mobile device to its location and seeing if it has a good wifi connection.
- Ethernet: Use a fully functioning and reliable ethernet cable.
- Reboot your modem if your home internet connection is not working or contact your Internet Service Provider.
Reboot your Base Station if the wifi LED light on the back in not green.
- Quickly press and release the reset button at the back of the device with a paper clip or similar tool. DO NOT PRESS AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON DOWN LONGER THAN ONE SECOND TO AVOID FACTORY RESETTING THE DEVICE.
1 A compatible Ring Protect subscription required, sold separately. Alarm Cellular Backup uses a third-party carrier. Coverage will vary. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro for more details.