These instructions are for the Ring Alarm Base Station. See images below to confirm you have this device.
Click here to check instructions for the Ring Alarm Pro Base Station.
What if Your Ring Alarm Is Stuck on Alarm Cellular Backup or Offline?
Ring Alarm Cellular Backup* is a feature that allows you to continue receiving alarm protection when there is no home internet access or when running on internal battery. To use Alarm Cellular Backup, you must subscribe to a Ring Protect subscription. It is a valuable feature when you have a power or internet outage and allows you to avoid having your system go offline.
After power or internet is restored, if you’re having an issue with switching your Ring Alarm Base Station back to your internet network, follow these troubleshooting steps.
Troubleshooting Steps if Your Ring Alarm Base Station Is Stuck on Alarm Cellular Backup:
- If there was a power outage, make sure that the power is back on and that your Base Station is now re-connected to a working AC power source.
- Confirm that you have a working internet connection:
- If you are going to use a wifi connection, make sure that you have a strong wifi signal where your Base Station is placed. To check that, bring your mobile phone where your Base Station is located and confirm that your mobile phone has a good wifi connection.
- If you are going to use an ethernet connection, make sure that you’re using a working ethernet cable.
- Reboot your modem if your home internet connection is not working or contact your Internet Service Provider.
- If the above steps are checked and the Base Station is still not connected to the internet (if the wifi LED on the back of your Base Station is not green, it is not connected to the internet), reboot the Base Station.
Quickly press and release the reset button at the back of the device with a paper clip or similar tool. DO NOT PRESS AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON DOWN LONGER THAN ONE SECOND TO AVOID FACTORY RESETTING THE DEVICE.
* Compatible Ring Protect subscription required (sold separately). Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary.
What Happens When Your Ring Alarm Goes Offline
More Info About Ring Protect Pro Plan