Your personal data privacy and security is a priority at Ring.
At Ring, we’ll never ask you for information like your account password or entire credit card number. We do ask you for some information to verify your account when you contact us, so we can be sure you are the account owner. This information might include:
- Your name.
- The last 4 digits of the credit card you have on file with us.
- Your physical street address.
- Your email address.
- Shared User information.
- The name (type) of the Ring device you own.
- The number of Ring devices that you have on your account.
- The unique MAC ID from the back of one of your Ring devices.
- The phone number you have on file.
How to detect bad actors
Cybercriminals (or bad actors) can scam you into giving them personal information through an email, a phone call, or a text message.
Be aware of:
- A phone number you don’t recognize or unsolicited phone call. Tap to view all Ring phone numbers.
- An email return address that's a personal email.
- Unfamiliar links or attachments asking you to click on something.
- Misspelled words and poor grammar.
- Scare tactics and urgent requests.
- Extreme or strange messages that don’t make sense.
- Interacting with a bad actor pretending to be a “Ring Agent” on a website other than ring.com.
Do not interact with a bad actor
If someone claims to be from Ring, and you suspect they are not, do not give them any personal information. To report a claim like this, please visit Ring.com/security.
Just in case, we recommend checking a few things in your Ring account:
In the Ring app, you can manage phones, tablets, and computers that are authorized to log in to your Ring account.
If you use Text Message as your method to receive a verification code when you sign in from a new device, make sure you're using the right phone number.
Your account security is our highest priority
Customer trust is important to us and we take the security of our devices and services extremely seriously. We highly encourage all Ring users to follow our recommended security best practices to ensure your Ring account stays secure.
For more tips on keeping your data safe, visit Ring.com/privacy.