Is your Ring device is offline? Try these troubleshooting tips, then attempt to Reconnect in the Ring app.
Did you recently change your wifi?
If you changed your internet service provider (ISP), updated your network name and password, or got a new wifi router, your Ring may be trying to connect to your previous network settings.
When reconnecting your Ring device in the app, enter the updated network name and password.
No, my wifi hasn’t changed.
If your password is the same and you can’t reconnect your Ring device to wifi, here are a few things to try:
- Check other devices around your home to see if they’re connected or disconnected to wifi.
- Make sure your wifi router is off the floor. Walls, floors, and furniture can interfere or weaken your router’s wireless signal. Choose an elevated, central, open location.
- Unplug your modem and wifi router for 30 seconds and plug them back in.
- If you have a device with a removable battery, remove the battery and wait 15 seconds before reinserting it. This will reboot the device, which may help to fix wifi connectivity issues.
- If your internet is out, contact your internet service provider.