Having issues with your Ring Alarm Outdoor Contact Sensor? Follow these steps to help resolve them.
The light patterns on your Outdoor Contact Sensor will help you identify if it’s working well, or if there’s something wrong. The LED indicator inside your Outdoor Contact Sensor may
- Blink green three times, when it is ready to connect to the network.
- Blink green one time, when it is connected and communicating with your Base Station.
- Blink red one time, when it is unable to communicate with the Base Station.
What if my Outdoor Contact Sensor won’t connect?
Try these steps, one at a time, and see if any of them resolve the issue before moving on to the next step. If the light flashes green on time, it is back online and working.
Note: Indoor devices, including the Base Station and Range Extender, should always be kept inside your home.
- Move the Outdoor Contact Sensor closer to the Base Station.
- Add a Range Extender between the Outdoor Contact Sensor and the Base Station.
- Remove the back cover, remove all batteries, wait a few seconds, then reinsert them.
- If nothing works and there is no light on the Outdoor Contact Sensor, try replacing the batteries with new ones.
What if I need to remove my Outdoor Contact Sensor?
If you no longer want to use your Outdoor Contact Sensor, or it’s not working properly and you want to remove it and re-add it to your Ring Alarm, follow these steps.
- In the Ring app, tap Menu, then tap Devices, then tap Alarm Base Station, then tap the Outdoor Contact Sensor you wish to remove.
- Tap Device Settings, then tap Remove.
- Remove the back cover, remove all batteries, wait a few seconds, then reinsert them. You’ll see the LED light up red for 3 seconds if the reset was successful.
- The app will let you know the device was removed. You can remove the battery from the device until ready to use again.
How do I factory reset my Outdoor Contact Sensor?
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and you’re still having difficulty with your Outdoor Contact Sensor, you can try to factory reset the device.
Note: This will remove the device from your Base Station and reset the device to the original default settings.
- Remove the cover from the device.
- Press and hold the pinhole reset button using a paperclip or the included pinhole tool. The LED light will flash green.
- Continue holding the pinhole reset button until the LED light turns red.
- Put the back cover back on the device.
If you have tried all of these steps and it still doesn’t work, we recommend reaching out to our support team for assistance.