Setting up the Outdoor Contact Sensor in the app
How to setup and install an Outdoor Contact Sensor:
- Make sure your Ring Alarm is disarmed.
- In the Ring app, open the menu. Tap Set Up a Device, then tap Security, tap Sensors, and find the Outdoor Contact Sensor.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete setup.
Mounting the Outdoor Contact Sensor
We suggest mounting the Outdoor Contact Sensor using more than one mounting method, if needed. Make sure the Sensor and the Magnet are lined up, and 1“ (2.5 cm) apart or less.
- Mounting Tape (included). Use the included mounting tape, clean the area, then peel the backing and stick the Sensor. Press it to the surface and hold for 20 seconds to make sure the tape is securely attached.
- Screws and anchors (included). If mounting on a hard surface, use a 3/16” (5mm) drill bit to drill holes for the anchors, then push them into place and screw in the brackets. If mounting on a softer surface like wood, simply screw in the brackets.
- 4 screws included: 3x21mm
- 4 anchors included: 5x25mm
- Metal strap tie (not included). Feed the metal strap tie through the back of the sensor and magnet brackets. Make sure that you tighten the strap tie so it doesn’t slide around or down the pole. If it does move around, consider also using screws to keep it in place.
Slide the Sensor and Magnet onto the mounting brackets when you’ve finished mounting them and make sure they click into place.