If you use Ring Alarm Pro at a jobsite, you may want to add professional monitoring* to help secure supplies, equipment and the jobsite property itself. A Ring Protect Pro subscription is required to have professional monitoring.*
Signing up for professional monitoring* at a jobsite
- A verified address is required. Ring will check to make sure that you provide a complete address.
- If address cannot be verified, such as a post office box or new home construction, the Ring app will allow you to continue with self-monitoring or we can manually verify your new address.
- You’ll need to select what type of location is being monitored. Is it a home, business, a jobsite that is zones for commercial use, or a jobsite that is zoned for residential use? Please make the correct selection within the Ring app.
- If you are working at a business or a jobsite zoned for commercial use, we cannot provide Smoke or CO monitoring.* **
- If you chose to use Smoke and CO detectors at a jobsite that is zoned for residential use, please be careful of placing detectors in dusty areas, as this could trigger false alarms.
Ring Alarm Pro and Permits
When you move your Alarm Pro to a new address and re-enroll in professional monitoring,* you may need to apply for a new permit. Keep an eye out for an email from us with details about your new jurisdiction. You can also check in with your municipality and ask about local permit requirements for alarm systems.
* Compatible Alarm sensors (separate purchase) are required for an automated professional monitoring response. If you are using an Alarm Base Station without compatible Alarm sensors, use the SOS button in the Ring app to request emergency dispatch. See Frequently Asked Questions for details. Ring Alarm Pro and Ring Alarm professional monitoring service is available within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification. Tax not included. Enrollment for Ring Protect Pro and opt-in for professional monitoring is required (each separately). Ring Smart Lighting Motion Sensor does not trigger an automated emergency response when enrolled in Alarm professional monitoring.
** Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring Alarm licenses at: https://www.ring.com/licenses.