Last updated: 9/28/2021
The following terms (“Terms”) govern your legal rights to use or access Services enabled by Products to access the Internet (“Internet Service”). These Terms apply in addition to the Ring Terms of Service into which these supplemental terms are incorporated. These Terms (together with the Ring Terms of Service and any other other applicable user agreements) constitute a binding legal agreement between you and Ring (the “Agreement”). Please read the Agreement carefully before purchasing or using the Internet Service. By purchasing or accessing the Internet Service, you consent to the Agreement. Any capitalized words that are not defined in these Terms shall have the same meaning as defined in the Ring Terms of Service, and in case of conflict the Ring Terms of Service shall take precedence.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF INTERNET SERVICE
You agree that:
- you have no contractual relationship with underlying carriers that provide Third Party Services related to the Internet Service,
- you are not a third party beneficiary of any agreement between Ring and the service providers,
- Ring and its service providers have no liability of any kind to you related to the Internet Service, whether for breach of contract, warranty, negligence, strict liability in tort or otherwise,
- data transmission and messages may be delayed, deleted or not delivered,
- the Internet Service should not be used for 911 or similar emergency calls,
- Ring and its service providers cannot guarantee the security of wireless transmissions and will not be liable for any lack of security relating to the use of the Internet Service,
- you may not use the Internet Service to (i) connect to medical devices, inmate locators, mobile personal emergency response services or any product that provides emergency calling to 911 or equivalent emergency telephone numbers, (ii) transmit cellular communication during outdoor flight, or (iii) configure the Internet Service to use a static IP address,
- a variety of factors can affect performance, speeds, and availability of the Internet Service, including but not limited to its services providers’ coverage, network congestion, your devices and building characteristics, the capabilities and connections of the host of content to which you seek access, environmental factors, and technical operations, and any representations by Ring of the speed associated with any Product or Service represent only an anticipated, theoretical average speed and not a guarantee of actual speed,
- if you are not satisfied with the Internet Service or related Product, your sole remedy is to return the related Product in accordance with the return policy of the Product seller, or cancel your subscription, and
- you are solely responsible for engaging all appropriate security measures associated with the Internet Service and all devices that connect to the Backup Internet, and for providing, configuring and maintaining virus protection, firewall, and other security measures to prevent damage from viruses, malware, or other similar malicious content and to prevent unauthorized access.
NETWORK MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
The Internet Service is subject to the availability and operational limitations of Third Party Services. Ring and its underlying carriers may engage in reasonable network management practices as posted below to optimize customer experience and to protect our customers, network and service providers.