Virtual Security Guard is a new subscription service in which third-party professional monitoring companies will visually monitor outdoor Ring cameras. Learn more.
To start using Virtual Security Guard, you will need the following:
- A Virtual Security Guard subscription. Learn more.
- A Ring Alarm (Gen 1, Gen 2, or Pro). Purchase a Ring Alarm.
- A Ring Protect Pro subscription. Learn more.
- An eligible Ring security camera (see list below).
Eligible Ring Security Cameras
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
- Ring Video Doorbell Elite
- Ring Video Doorbell Wired
- Floodlight Cam
- Spotlight Cam Wired
- Floodlight Cam Wired Pro
- Stick Up Cam Plug-In
- Stick Up Cam Wired
- Floodlight Cam Wired Plus
- Floodlight Cam Pro Plug-In
- Floodlight Cam Plus Plug-In
- Spotlight Cam Mount
Please note, devices enrolled in End-to-End Encryption can’t be monitored by Virtual Security Guard.
Height: For best field of view and clear Two-Way talk for third-party agents, cameras should be installed at least 9 feet above the ground.
Angle: Motion detection and visual monitoring work best when cameras are placed so that visitors pass through their view horizontally, not vertically.
Privacy: Keep your cameras pointed at your own property, and away from other people’s private spaces.
Learn more tips for setting up your camera in our Security Cam Placement Guide.