Virtual Security Guard¹ is a monthly subscription service from Rapid Response that provides live monitoring of camera motion events for the compatible, enrolled cameras at your home or business. Trained guards will monitor events when a person is detected and act accordingly on your behalf.
- This is an add-on service for Ring Protect Pro or Protect Plus (1st Gen) customers who are enrolled in Ring Alarm Professional Monitoring.
- A subscription includes 175 events for $99/month per location. Events don’t roll over to the next month, but instead reset each month to 175 at the start of each billing cycle.
- Using Virtual Security Guard with Astro for Business?
Click here to learn important information about how the service works with Astro.
Note: You can opt into Extra Events to keep Virtual Security Guard active beyond 175 events each month. Each additional event after the 175-event limit (Extra Event) will cost $0.99. For a limited time, you can try Extra Events for free. If you opt into Extra Events during this trial period, you will not be billed if you exceed 175 monitored motion events. We’ll notify you 30 days before the free trial ends. To update your preferences, log in to your Ring account. Then select your Virtual Security Guard plan, select Manage Extra Events, and toggle your selection on or off.
How Virtual Security Guard Works After You’re Subscribed
Important: Guards from Rapid Response will only review your enrolled cameras when the service is active and a person is detected in a camera motion event.
First, learn how Ring Alarm Modes work. You activate or deactivate Virtual Security Guard by setting certain Modes.
- The service is active when you set your Mode to Home or Away – meaning your Alarm is armed. When active, guards will monitor your cameras when a person is detected.
- The service is inactive when your Mode is set to Disarmed. This means guards don’t monitor camera motion events and can’t see the Live View on your enrolled device(s).
Next, get to know events. A Virtual Security Guard event happens each time a guard reviews your enrolled cameras (if the service is armed and a person is detected during a camera motion event):
- When the service is active and a person is detected on an enrolled camera, guards from Rapid Response will immediately live monitor the situation using your camera’s Live View.
- Depending on the situation and your alert preferences, the guard may send you a text, initiate Two-Way Talk (if a person is observed), or request to dispatch emergency response.
Note: For events requiring your attention, you will receive an SMS alert with a link to the event recording. These will always be sent from +1-424-300-8338 (we recommend saving this number to your contacts). Learn more about events here.
Here are standard guard responses to events that may occur on your property when Virtual Security Guard is active.
|Event Type||Description||Guard Response|
|Common Event||A passerby, vehicle, animal, or other motion is captured on the property.||Guard resolves the event without contacting the property owner. No text will be sent.|
Delivery or Service Worker
|A service worker or delivery person is on the property.||Guard uses Two-Way Talk to announce that the property is being monitored and sends a text with a link to a video recording of the event.|
|Person on Property||A person is on the property that is not a service worker or delivery person.||Guard uses Two-Way Talk to announce that the property is being monitored and sends a text with a link to a video recording of the event.|
|Person on Property Escalation||A person is still on the property after the guard engaged in Two-Way Talk.||Guard uses Two-Way Talk to announce that the property is being monitored and activates the device siren (if available)
Guard sends property owner a text indicating that an event needs attention.
If necessary, the guard will call the first emergency contact.
|Urgent Events||Package Theft or Property Damage is taking place.||Guard uses Two-Way Talk to announce that the property is being monitored and activates the device siren (if available).
Guard sends a text to property owner and emergency contacts with a link to video recording of the event.
If necessary, the guard will call the first emergency contact.
|Emergency Events||A life threatening or violent situation is taking place.||Guard activates the device siren (if available) and requests to dispatch emergency services to the property.
Guard calls the property owner and emergency contacts.
Guard sends a text to property owner and emergency contacts, indicating that emergency services have been alerted with a link to a video recording of the event.
FAQs for Using Virtual Security Guard
When does a Rapid Response guard have access to my Live View?
- Guards can monitor your Live View during a camera motion event when your Alarm Mode is set to Home or Away and a person is detected.
- If an event occurs and a guard initiates Live View on one enrolled camera, they can then initiate Live View on any or all of your enrolled cameras at the same location.
- Guards can’t initiate Live View when there is no camera motion event on (a) a camera that isn't enrolled in Virtual Security Guard or (b) without a qualifying event.
How do I unsubscribe from Virtual Security Guard?
Simply follow the steps on this page.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you have additional questions, contact Ring Customer Support at 1-866-894-8282. This is our line dedicated to Virtual Security Guard customers.
1Virtual Security Guard is an add-on service that requires the following (each sold separately): subscription fee per enrolled location plus a compatible Ring Protect plan, Ring Alarm system, enrollment in Ring Alarm Professional Monitoring2, and an eligible device. Rapid Response is the seller and provides the service and agents monitoring person detected motion events. Learn more.
2Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification. Tax not included. Enrollment required.
A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in professional monitoring. Ring Alarm professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for a business or commercially zoned address.
Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.
See Ring alarm licenses at: https://ring.com/licenses.