Ring Alarm Pro uses both the Ring app and the eero app.
- The Ring app is used to run your Ring Alarm security system, Ring cameras and Ring Smart Lighting products, and view videos.
During setup, you’ll start by setting up your Alarm Pro on your Ring account, enroll in professional monitoring, add Ring devices, and add Shared and Guest Users.
- The eero app is used to manage your wifi network.
During setup, the Ring app will guide you to the eero app, where you’ll get to set up your Alarm Pro under an eero account, connect it to your modem and set up your wifi network.
After setup, you’ll use the two apps to manage your physical and network security on a regular basis:
- The Ring app lets you arm and disarm your alarm, set alert preferences, view your saved videos, and manage data usage for your Ring devices (if you have a Protect Pro subscription).
- The eero app is used to manage your wifi network, control which devices can use the internet, set up parental controls and content filters, and monitor online security threats using eero Secure, included with Ring Protect Pro.
Switching between the Ring app and eero app
To make it easier to manage your data and devices, we’ve added links between the Ring and eero apps to go back and forth between them.
When you’re in the Ring app, you can access the eero app from the following locations:
- On the Ring app dashboard, tap on the Data tile. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and tap Go to eero app
- On the Ring Alarm Pro device details screen, tap the eero Tile
When you’re in the eero app, tap Gateway Ring Alarm Pro, then tap Cellular Internet row, and use the Open Ring button.