Message prompts you might see while setting up Ring Alarm Pro
If you see one of these messages while setting up your Ring Alarm Pro, follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
"Please grant permission for location sharing on your mobile device."
You’ll see this message if your cell phone or tablet doesn’t have Location Sharing turned on. To continue, turn on your mobile device’s location settings and tap Try Again.
"To continue setup, grant the Ring app Bluetooth permission."
You’ll see this message if your cell phone or tablet doesn’t have Bluetooth Sharing turned on. To continue, turn on your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings and tap Try Again.
"Bluetooth is not supported."
You’ll see this message if your cell phone or tablet does not have Bluetooth LE capability. To continue setting up your Alarm Pro, you’ll need to find another smart phone or tablet that support Bluetooth LE and start the Alarm Pro setup from the beginning.
"We’re having trouble finding your Ring Alarm Pro."
If you see this message, it could mean a few things:
- Your Alarm Pro Base Station is not plugged in to power. Try plugging it into an outlet or a fully charged Power Pack, and tap Try Again.
- Your Alarm Pro is not in Bluetooth Pairing mode. If your Base Station is plugged in and powered on, but the LED ring on the top of the system is not spinning, you’ll need to press the pairing button on the back. This should turn Pairing Mode back on. Tap Try Again.
- You’ve selected Ring Alarm Pro Base Station as the device to setup but are actually wanting to setup an Alarm Base Station. Tap the X in the upper right corner to leave the Alarm Pro setup flow. Next, you’ll start the Set up a device process from the start, but this time select Alarm Base Station.
- Your phone or tablet does not have Bluetooth turned on.
- You’ve selected Ring Alarm Pro Base Station as the device to setup but are actually intending to setup an Alarm Base Station. Tap the X in the upper right corner to leave the Alarm Pro setup flow. Next, you’ll start the Set up a device process from the start, but this time select Alarm Base Station.
"Please select the correct Ring Alarm Pro."
If you see this message, you have multiple Alarm Pro Base Stations plugged in and ready for setup. Choose the correct Alarm Pro Base Station to set up.
"Your Ring Alarm Pro is having trouble connecting to the internet."
If you see this message, it means that your Alarm Pro may have an issue finding a cellular connection needed for setup.
It can take up to 3 minutes for the Alarm Pro Base Station to connect to the cellular signal. Please wait a bit, then try the steps listed below.
- Check the wifi LED on the back of your unit.
- If the wifi LED is solid green or orange, tap Try Again.
- If the wifi LED is flashing red, it means that it’s still having difficulty creating a connection. Try moving your Alarm Pro to a different spot that has better cellular reception and tap Try Again.
"This is taking longer than expected."
If you see this message, then the download and setup of the latest Alarm Pro software update is taking longer than the app expected. To resolve this, tap Retry which will restart the process and resolve any issues.
"Your mobile device has lost the Bluetooth connection to your Ring Alarm Pro."
If you see this message, the Bluetooth connection between your Alarm Pro and your cell phone or tablet may have been disconnected. Please tap the pairing button on the back of the Base Station to restart the Bluetooth Pairing mode, and check that your mobile device has Bluetooth turned on. Then tap Try Again.
You may also see this message if you select Alarm Pro Base Station in the menu when setting up the device, but you are trying to set up a Ring Alarm system. In this case, tap the X in the upper right corner to cancel the Alarm Pro setup flow. Next, you’ll start the Set Up a Device process from the start, but this time select Ring Alarm Base Station.
"This Ring Alarm Pro may not be compatible with your region."
If you see this message, you may be trying to set up your Alarm Pro in a region where it is not supported. At this time, Alarm Pro is only available in the US. If you’re outside the US, you won’t be able to use the system correctly and take advantage of all features. We recommend that you set up your Ring Alarm Pro at a US location or return it to your retailer.
"This Ring Alarm Pro is not compatible with your plan."
Ring Alarm Pro requires a Ring Protect Pro subscription plan. If you have an incompatible plan on your Ring account, you may not be able to use all Alarm Pro features.
"This Ring Alarm Pro is already registered to another account."
This message will let you know that this Alarm Pro Base Station was set up on someone else’s Ring account, and was never removed. If you received this Alarm Pro Base Station from someone you know, ask them to remove it from their account using the Ring app.
If this is a brand new Ring Alarm Pro Base Station, you can contact Ring Customer Support for more help.
"Your Ring Alarm Pro failed to communicate with Ring."
Your Alarm Pro Base Station can no longer finish setup. This could be an issue with your internet connection, your cellular signal, or the Base Station may no longer have power. To resolve this, make sure your Alarm Pro is plugged in to a working power source. Then check the internet connection:
- If you’ve unplugged an ethernet cable with a working internet connection, please plug it back in, then tap Try Again.
- If you’ve moved your Alarm Pro to a different spot it may not have a strong cellular reception. Move it to another spot that has a stronger cellular signal, and tap Try Again.