We’ve made it easier to replace and upgrade your Base Station from a Ring Alarm to the Ring Alarm Pro version. The app will help you save all of your existing Ring Alarm devices and settings, and move them to your new Base Station. But before you begin, there are a few things we want you to know:
- We can only save and move Z-Wave devices and settings. Settings for other smart home devices will not be saved and moved to your new system.
- Ring Skill* in the Alexa app. This is linked to a specific Base Station, so you’ll need to re-open the Alexa app and link the new Base Station.
- Wifi smart locks.* If you have any wifi smart locks, you may need to link this to your Ring Alarm again.
- Linked device settings.* If you have any Ring cameras or Ring Smart Lighting linked to your Ring Alarm, you will need to set up these settings again.
- Your old Base Station will be factory reset. This replacement process will remove your old Base Station from your Ring account after it successfully saves all of your devices and settings. This will remove all of your information and factory reset it to the original settings.
*Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plans for pricing and details.
Before you begin:
- You'll need to be the account owner. Shared users can't replace a Base Station.
- Your existing Base Station needs to be plugged in to a power source and connected to the internet
- Your Ring Alarm needs to be disarmed.*
To upgrade from a Ring Alarm to a Ring Alarm Pro Base:
- In the Ring app, open the menu (≡) and tap Set up a Device.
- Tap Security, then Ring Alarm, then select Ring Alarm Pro Base Station.
- Select the Location that has the Ring Alarm Base Station you want to replace.
- Follow the steps, and agree to backup your existing Ring Alarm devices and settings.
- When you’ve finished setting up your Alarm Pro Base Station, and all settings have been restored, use this checklist to review any final steps.
Note: At this time, you can only replace a Ring Alarm Base Station with a Ring Alarm Pro Base Station.