Identify and troubleshoot what is causing your Alarm Base Station to have internet connectivity issues.
Reasons your Alarm Base Station is offline
- Your location's internet may not be working, or your internet service provider is experiencing high traffic.
- You recently changed your wifi network, wifi password, or internet service provider (ISP).
- You moved to a new location.
- Your Ring Alarm Base Station may be too far from your wifi router.
Things to check
- Make sure your Ring Alarm Base Station has your most up-to-date wifi network and password.
- Check other devices around your home to see if they’re connected or disconnected to wifi. If other devices are not working, there may be an outage in your area.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in again.
Troubleshooting your Ring Alarm Base Station
- Join another network by switching your Base Station to the new wifi network.
- Connect your Base Station directly to the router using an ethernet cable.
- Unregister* your Base Station if it is not powering on or is not appearing as available under the Devices tab in the Ring app. After unregistering your Base Station, follow the initial setup instructions to regain connectivity.
*Unregistering your Alarm Base Station is only recommended if you want to completely remove the device from your Ring account.
IMPORTANT: All Z-Wave devices and Ring Alarm security devices will need to be factory reset before they can be added to a new Base Station.