Before you begin, make sure your Ring Alarm is disarmed.
First, remove your Keypad (1st generation):
- Unplug the Keypad.
- Find the Keypad you wish to remove in the Ring app. To do this, open the app menu at top left, then tap Devices. You may see the Keypad listed, or you may need to tap Alarm Base Station, then tap the Keypad.
- Tap the Device Settings tile, then scroll down and tap Remove, then on the next screen tap Remove again.
- Press and hold the number 1 key on the Keypad for 5 seconds. The app will let you know the device was removed.
If this doesn't work, continue with these steps to remove your Keypad (1st gen):
- Keep your Ring Keypad unplugged.
- In the Ring app, tap the menu at the top left, then tap Set Up a Device, then tap Security Devices, then tap Keypads, and tap Keypad.
- Tap the Device Settings tile, then scroll down and tap Advanced Options, then tap Remove Failed, then tap Remove, lastly tap OK.
- The app will let you know the device was removed.
Next, add your new Keypad (2nd generation):
- In the Ring app, tap menu at the top left, then tap Set Up a Device, then tap Security Devices, then tap Keypads, and tap Keypad.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete setup.
- Mount the new Keypad in the same spot as your original Keypad, or choose a convenient location so you can arm and disarm easily as you come and go. You can rest the Keypad on a flat surface or install it on a wall with the bracket and screws included.
Arming and disarming using your Ring Alarm Keypad