Setting up your Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus security camera in the Ring app is a simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
If you want more general information about Ring Security Cameras, you can learn more using this link.
Step One - Download the Ring App
To download the Ring app:
Write down your password so you have it handy in case you need it to log into other devices or to ring.com on your desktop computer.
Step Two - Create or Log in to Your Account
If this is your first Ring product, you’ll be asked to set up an account.
Select Create Account on the home screen and follow the instructions in the Ring app.
Step Three - Tap Set up a Device
- Tap Set Up a Device at the bottom of the screen
- Then tap Security Cams
Note: You can also navigate by using the three lines on the top left of the screen to Set Up a Device.
Step Four - Scan the QR code on your Ring device
You can scan the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging via the Ring app.
- Tap the three lines (≡) on the left side of your Dashboard in the Ring app.
- Tap Set up a Device and select Security Cameras.
- Tap I’m Ready to Scan.
- Point your smartphone’s camera at the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
If you experience issues scanning the QR code, please follow these steps:
- Move your camera closer or further from the QR code to help it focus.
- Once your camera finds focus, hold it steady for a few seconds.
- If your camera won’t focus, clean your camera lens, move to a well-lit area, and try again.
If you continue to experience issues, please follow these additional steps:
- Tap Other Options below the scanner.
- Select Can’t Scan the QR code.
- Confirm by selecting Enter code manually (this corresponds to PIN code digits underneath the QR code).
- Find your device in the list.
- Enter your five digit PIN which can be found below the QR code.
Step Five - Specify Your Location
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wants to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have already established a location, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus will not work properly.
Click here to learn more about Ring devices and your address.
Step Six - Name Your Device
Select a specific name for your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom…” at the bottom of the list.
Step Seven - Follow the Physical Installation Steps in the Ring App
Follow the steps in the Ring app to physically install your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus.
Step Eight - Put Your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus into Setup Mode
Press and release the button on the top of your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus. When the light on the bottom is blinking white, tap Continue in your Ring app.
Step Nine - Connect to Your Ring Device
iOS: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the temporary Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step four, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to your phone Settings, then tap wifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate to Connection then to wifi.
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- Ring- followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Ring Setup followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your Settings app and return to the Ring app.
Note: If you’re using an Apple device and can’t connect to the Ring network, try rebooting your device if you haven’t rebooted it in a while.
Step Ten - Connect Your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus to Your Wifi
Be sure you have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you have installed your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus.
- Enter your wifi password and press Continue.
The Floodlight Cam Wired Plus can connect to 2.4 GHz networks.
After connecting to your wifi network, your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light on the bottom of your device will flash white. When the white light stops flashing, you can tap “Continue” in the Ring app and begin using your Floodlight Cam.
Step Eleven - Test Your Device
Once your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus has completed its update and setup, configure your Floodlight Cam Wired Plus Motion Zones, then open Live View to test your camera.