Ring Protect Pro is a subscription plan designed for Ring doorbells, cameras, and alarms. Ring Protect Pro offers all the benefits of a Protect Plus plan, and includes special features for Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
Special Features in Ring Protect Pro
- Professional Monitoring
- Alarm Cellular Backup
- 24/7 Backup Internet with 3GB of included data per month1
- eero Secure
- Alexa Guard Plus
- 10% off select Ring products on ring.com and amazon.com2
- Video recording for all your Ring devices3
A Ring Protect Pro subscription costs $20/month or $200/year per location. You can try a 30-day trial of Protect Pro when you purchase and set up an eligible device on your Ring app. We recommend subscribing to Protect Pro if you have Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro, with or without other Ring products.
List of features
Professional Monitoring provides 24/7 emergency support for Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro. Professional monitoring includes burglary and intrusion, SOS, Panic and Duress (also known as a silent alarm). If you add additional devices, you can also get professional monitoring for smoke and carbon monoxide using Alexa Guard. Additional Alexa Guard features include water/flooding, cold temperatures monitoring, and audible glass break detection.
Learn more about Alexa Guard.
Alarm Cellular Backup
Your Ring Alarm usually communicates with you or your monitoring service through the internet via wifi or an Ethernet cable. Any time your Base Station loses its connection to the internet, regardless of the cause, a cellular backup SIM card will allow the system to continue monitoring your home.
When your internet goes down, your Ring Alarm will automatically switch over to cellular backup. You may have limited app functionality while your Base Station is on cellular backup, but you can still arm and disarm your Ring Alarm. The Ring Protect Pro plan includes professional monitoring, and cellular backup will will help keep your Ring devices online.
Note: If you don’t opt into Extra Data and use all 3GB of Backup Internet, Alarm Pro will switch over to Alarm Cellular Backup if the internet goes out. This will keep your Ring Alarm system online with some security features, but wifi will not be available.
24/7 Backup Internet
Backup Internet(4) provides internet connection to wifi-enabled Ring and non-Ring devices during an internet or power outage. During the event of an internet outage, Backup Internet will step in to provide all your wifi-connected devices with cellular internet connection. Backup Internet functionality is built into the Ring Alarm Pro. If your power goes out, Ring Power Packs are required to use Backup Internet.
Backup Internet includes 3GB of data at no additional charge. You can use this data to browse the web, video chat, and stream content on laptops, tablets, smart phones, and other similar devices. The 3GB of included data automatically resets at the start of each billing cycle. If you need more data before your next billing cycle, you can opt in to Extra Data at $3 per GB. You can check your data usage at any time on the Ring App. Unused data at the end of a billing period does not rollover to the next billing period.
With Backup Internet, you have two options for data usage:
- Extra Data - If you need more than the 3GB of included data, you can opt in to Extra Data at $3 per additional 1GB. When turned on, Extra Data keeps your devices online once the 3GB of included data runs out. We’ll send you email and push notifications when your 3GB of included data has run out, and a notification for each additional 1GB of Extra Data used. You can opt out of Extra Data by logging into your account on ring.com.
- No Extra Data - If you don’t opt in to Extra Data, your devices will use the included 3GB of data to stay online with 24/7 Backup Internet. We’ll send you email and push notifications when you use all of your included data. After your included data runs out, you won’t have Backup Internet until the next billing cycle or if you opt-in to Extra Data. If your internet goes out, your Alarm will switch over to Alarm Cellular Backup and only some security features will be available.
Select which devices to keep connected
You can select which devices you want to keep connected to Backup Internet during a power or internet outage.
- To select which Ring devices connect to Backup Internet, visit the Ring app.
- To select which non-Ring devices connect to Backup Internet, visit the eero app. Download the eero app here.
Please note, your devices must be charged or plugged in to connect to Backup Internet. Backup Internet uses cellular connectivity and is subject to availability and coverage in your area.
eero Secure is a service that lets you set parental controls for your home network, helps prevent cybersecurity attacks, and more. To use eero Secure, you must have a Ring Alarm Pro set up at the same location. You can start using eero Secure after you set up your Ring Alarm Pro in the eero app.
Learn more about eero Secure.
Alexa Guard Plus
Alexa Guard Plus is a service that gives you hands-free 24/7 Emergency Helpline Support through an Alexa-enabled device. Alexa Guard Plus is available after you link your Alexa and Ring accounts. You can modify your Alexa Guard Plus settings at any time from the Alexa app.
Lean more about Alexa Guard Plus.
10% off select Ring products
With Protect Pro, you also get 10% off select Ring products(5). You may use this discount when shopping on ring.com and amazon.com. View eligible Ring products here.
Using your discount on ring.com:
- Log into your Ring account.
- Shop for eligible Ring products.
- Add eligible products to your Cart.
- Select Proceed to Checkout.
The discount will automatically be applied at checkout (no code required). If you don’t see your discount, try logging out of your Ring account and logging back in.
Using your discount on amazon.com:
You can also use your 10% discount to shop for select Ring products on amazon.com. You must have linked your Amazon and Ring accounts for the discount to apply.
- Link your Ring and Amazon accounts. For instructions, see Linking your Ring account to Your Amazon account.
- Log into your Amazon account and shop for eligible Ring products.
- Add the products to your cart.
- Select Proceed to checkout.
The discount will be applied automatically at checkout (no code required). If you don’t see the discount, make sure you’ve linked your Ring and Amazon accounts.
Video recording around your home
With a Protect Pro subscription or trial, your Ring cameras record and store videos when:
- Motion is detected by your device.
- A Linked Devices event is triggered (for example, if you set your cameras to turn on and begin recording when your Alarm motion sensor detects motion).
- The video doorbell button is pressed.
- You initiate Live View on your device.
Video recordings are stored in your Ring account for up to 60 days in the United States.
If you cancel your subscription, let it expire, or don’t renew your free trial, your videos will be permanently deleted. Once videos are deleted, they can’t be restored. To prevent this from happening, make sure to download your videos before cancelling your subscription.
Learn more about Video Recording.
1Extra data charges may apply. Backup cellular data is provided by a third-party carrier, and availability and speeds will vary. May require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro (http://ring.com/alarm-pro) for more details. Ring Alarm Pro is designed to be used as a router, as using Ring Alarm Pro as an extender may impact your ability to utilize Ring Protect Pro features.
2Terms and conditions apply. See Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information. Amazon discount requires linking your Ring and Amazon accounts.
3Ring Protect subscription required to record and save videos. Subscription sold separately. For more information on our subscription plans please visit https://ring.com/protect-plans.
4Extra data charges may apply. Backup cellular data is provided by a third party carrier, and availability and speeds will vary. May require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro (http://ring.com/alarm-pro) for more details. Ring Alarm Pro is designed to be used as a router, as using Ring Alarm Pro as an extender may impact your ability to utilize Ring Protect Pro features.
5Terms and conditions apply. See Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information. Amazon discount requires linking your Ring and Amazon accounts.