On October 15, 2021, the Ring desktop app for Windows and Mac will be discontinued. All users will be permanently logged out of the Ring - Always Home desktop app.
We understand this decision may impact you, and we are committed to provide a similar experience during this transition using ring.com and the Ring mobile app.
- Key features from the Ring desktop app are available on ring.com and the Ring mobile app.
- We optimized the experience on ring.com to accommodate computer monitors and larger screens.
- If you are subscribed to Ring Protect, your subscription benefits and video recordings will not be affected.
- To view videos from all your Ring video doorbells and cameras, log into your account here or download the Ring mobile app here. You can also download up to 20 videos at a time on ring.com. Learn more.
Can I access the same desktop app features on ring.com?
Yes. Key features from the desktop app are available on ring.com, including Live View and Browser Notifications (coming soon).
With a Ring Protect subscription, you can also use ring.com to do the following:
- Access video history for 60 days in the U.S and 30 days in some countries outside of the U.S. *
- Save, share, download, or favorite videos within your history
- Manage your subscription
- Update your payment method
- Manage your account settings in the Control Center
To use these features, log into your Ring account here.
Can I use the Desktop app until October, 15, 2021?
On October 15, 2021, the Ring desktop app for Windows and Mac will be discontinued. All users will be permanently logged out of the Ring - Always Home desktop app. Please note, if you use the desktop app until it is discontinued in October, the following devices and features are not supported.
- Video Doorbell Wired
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
- Ring Video Doorbell 4
- Video end-to-end encryption
- Amazon account linking
Get the Ring app for iOS or Android to see videos from all your devices and access the latest features. Download the Ring mobile app.
Should I uninstall the Ring app from my computer?
Yes. The Ring desktop app will remain on your computer unless you uninstall it.
For instructions on uninstalling Ring, select your operating system below: