You only need one battery for your Ring Video Doorbell 4 battery to work properly. However, if you want extended battery life or don't want to experience any downtime while charging the battery, a second battery is available for purchase.
How do I recharge the battery for my Ring Video Doorbell 4?
Your Video Doorbell 4 battery is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your battery will take around six to 8 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
To charge your Video Doorbell 4 battery:
- After you have removed the security screw on the bottom of the faceplate, remove the faceplate by pressing in on the sides and lifting the faceplate out and off.
- Remove the battery by pressing the silver release tab.
- Connect the orange micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the Video Doorbell 4 until it clicks in place.
- Place the faceplate back on by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
- Your Ring Video Doorbell 4 will power up and be ready for use.
Note: You may see an incorrect battery discharge/reporting when setting up your Ring Video Doorbell 4 if the device is not fully charged. Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.