You only need one battery for your Ring Video Doorbell 4 battery to work properly. However, if you want extended battery life or don't want to experience any downtime while charging the battery, a second battery is available for purchase.
How do I recharge the battery for my Ring Video Doorbell 4?
Your Video Doorbell 4 battery is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your battery will take around six to 8 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
To charge your Video Doorbell 4 battery:
- After you have removed the security screw on the bottom of the faceplate, remove the faceplate by pressing in on the sides and lifting the faceplate out and off.
- Remove the battery by pressing the silver release tab.
- Connect the orange micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up. Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the Video Doorbell 4 until it clicks in place.
- Place the faceplate back on by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
- Your Ring Video Doorbell 4 will power up and be ready for use.
Note: You may see an incorrect battery discharge/reporting when setting up your Ring Video Doorbell 4 if the device is not fully charged. Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.