Physically installing your Ring Video Doorbell 4 Plus with an existing doorbell is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note: Set up your Ring Video Doorbell 4 in your Ring App before mounting it to your home.
Step One: Charge the provided battery
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a USB power source using the provided orange cable.
- When only one of the two LEDs on the battery is lit, the battery is fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 4 until it clicks into place.
Click here for more information on charging your Ring battery.
Note: You may see an incorrect battery discharge/reporting when setting up your Ring Video Doorbell 4 if the device is not fully charged before use.
Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.
Step Two: Remove your existing doorbell
If you are replacing an existing doorbell, shut off power to your doorbell system at the breaker. Then remove the doorbell button from the wall and disconnect the wires.
Note: If you are wiring your Ring Doorbell 4 to an existing doorbell, a transformer with a voltage of 8-24 VAC, 40VA max, 50/60Hz or 24VDC, 0.5A, 12W is required. Only official Ring DC supplies should be used to power this device. Use of any other DC supply will cause damage to your device.
Step Three: Line Up your Ring Video Doorbell 4
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 4:
- Place the Ring Doorbell 4 next to your door at about 48 inches (1.2m) from the ground.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
Step Four (Optional): Drill the mounting holes (Only When Mounting on Brick, Concrete, or Stucco)
- Use the included drill bit in a power drill to drill holes at the positions you marked.
- Insert the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
If you’re mounting on wood or vinyl siding, you can skip this step.
Step Five (Optional): Attach the wire extensions.
If you have trouble connecting the wires coming out of the wall to the back of your Ring Doorbell 4, use the provided wire extensions and wire nuts.
Step Six: Connect the wires
Connect the wires coming out of your wall to the screws on the unit.
Either wire can connect to either screw. The order doesn't matter.
Note: When correctly wired, you should see solid white light on the front of the device.
Step Seven: Place Your Ring Video Doorbell 4 over the holes.
Step Eight: Screw in the Ring Doorbell 4
Feed all the wires (and the wire nuts if you used them) into your wall and secure your Ring Doorbell 4 on the wall. Be sure you use all four included screws.
Step Nine: Install the Faceplate
Place one of the provided faceplates on your Ring Doorbell by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
Step Ten: Install the Security Screw
Use one of the provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.
Click here for information on setting up your Ring Video Doorbell 4 in your Ring App.