This article will explain what Key by Amazon In-Garage Delivery is, and how to use it with the Ring App.
What is Key by Amazon In-Garage Delivery?
Key by Amazon In-Garage Delivery is a secure, convenient, contactless way to receive Amazon packages. It allows Amazon drivers to place your deliveries safely inside your garage, instead of leaving them on your doorstep.
This is how it works:
- On delivery day, you’ll receive a notification in the "Key by Amazon" App notifying you that your package is out for delivery.
- You receive another notification when the driver is two stops away from your residence.
- Upon the driver’s arrival, you receive an Arriving Now notification.
- The driver approaches the garage and requests access via their Amazon handheld scanner.
- Amazon verifies that the driver is near your garage door, and that the package belongs to your address.
- Once the driver and package are verified the myQ smart garage opens.
- The driver places the package in your garage, no more than five feet inside, and closes the garage door.
- A final notification is sent after the delivery is complete and your garage door is closed.
Is In-Garage Delivery safe?
We confirm the authorized driver is at your address with the correct package before granting them temporary one-time access to open your garage door. No access codes or keys are given to the driver. You will receive real-time notifications on the Ring App when the delivery is occurring.
Do I have to provide Amazon with any secure information such as keypad codes or access to my garage door opener?
No. When set up, you will not have to provide any additional information to the driver.
How do I know my home remains secure after the delivery is complete?
Amazon support teams monitor deliveries and verify that once the delivery is complete, your home is secure.
Is In-Garage Delivery contactless?
Yes. You can receive packages inside your garage without the need to interact with drivers, and without drivers touching your garage door.
Is In-Garage Delivery free?
Yes. In-Garage Delivery is free for Amazon Prime members. Note that In-Garage Delivery is only available for Prime members living in eligible ZIP codes.
How do I know if In-Garage Delivery is available in my area?
Click here to find out if In-Garage Delivery is available in your ZIP code
What do I need to get started with Amazon In-Garage deliveries?
To get started with Amazon In-Garage deliveries, be sure you have the following things:
- An Amazon Prime account.
- An installed myQ Smart Garage Hub.
- A downloaded myQ app connected to your MyQ Smart Garage Hub.
- An installed and set up Ring Indoor Cam or Ring Stick Up Cam (optional).
- The Ring App (be sure to update it to the latest version before beginning setup).
Do I need to have a camera for In-Garage delivery?
No. The camera is optional. Having a compatible camera, however, will allow you to watch deliveries as they happen.
Can I see the location of my delivery?
Yes. You can see and track the progress of your deliveries by using the Key tile in your Ring app.
Where do I go if I need support with specific parts of my Amazon In-Garage delivery system?
Support for the components of your Amazon In-Garage delivery system can be found at the following addresses:
- Click here for support with your Amazon Prime account.
- Click here for help with Key by Amazon.
- Click here for support with your myQ Smart Garage Hub or myQ app.
- Support for your Indoor Cam, Stick Up Cam and Ring App can be found at support.ring.com.
How do I set up my Ring app for Amazon In-Garage delivery?
Scroll down for a step-by-step guide to setting up your Ring app for Amazon In-Garage delivery.
Step One - Select Key by Amazon
Open your Ring app and tap the Key delivery tile on your dashboard.
- Tap "Set up Now"
Step Two - Link your Ring account to your Amazon account
- Tap on I Agree. Set Up Key.
- Tap Link Accounts
- Enter the password for your Ring account.
- You will see an Amazon welcome screen. From this screen you can create a new Amazon account or log in with an existing one.
- When you have finished creating your account or entering your Amazon account credentials, tap Sign in.
- Your Ring and Amazon accounts are now linked.
- Tap Continue
Step Three - Link your Ring account to your myQ account
- Select myQ Garage Door Opener.
- Tap I have an account.
- The myQ app should launch with an authorization screen.
- After the myQ app has launched, confirm you're logged in with the correct account.
- Enter the password for your myQ account.
- Tap Allow.
- You should be taken back to the Ring app. Your accounts are now linked.
- Tap Continue.
Step Four - Set up Key by Amazon in-Garage delivery
- From the Amazon address book, select the address where you plan to receive In-garage deliveries.
- Tap Continue.
- Select a garage door you'd like to use for Key deliveries.
- Your Ring app is now set up!
Step Six (optional) - Download the Key app
Next, optionally download the Key by Amazon app for additional features such as:
- Add household members to your account.
- Linking a Ring camera to watch your deliveries.
- Receive notifications for Key Deliveries.
Note: Remember to select “Key Delivery” at checkout on Amazon.com to receive your packages inside your garage.