Setting up your Wall Light Solar in the Ring app is simple. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- If there is an update available for your Ring app, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Wall Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Wall Lights to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
Step One - Tap Setup Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap Set Up a Device.
- Tap Smart Lighting.
Step Two - Specify Your Location
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it. If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Step Three - Scan the QR code on your Ring device
The QR code can be found on the device or the Quick Start Guide.
- Point the camera on your smartphone at the QR code. .
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the top of the screen.
- Once the code is recognized, a green square (for QR code) or a green line (MAC ID barcode) will appear, and the setup will proceed to the next step.
Note: If you experience issues with scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and select “Wall Light Solar” to continue through the setup process.
Step Four - Add your Wall Light Solar to a Light Group
Select the Light Group you’d like to add your Wall Light to. If you’d like to create a new group that is not listed, you can select “Custom” and type a new group name.
Step Five - Name Your Device
Select a specific name for your Wall Light Solar to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting “Custom” at the bottom of the list.