The Outdoor Siren has multiple battery and hardwired power options to choose from for your convenience, and you can set them up in any order. If you plan to use the Dusk to Dawn light setting, you must have more than one power source.
Before you begin, make sure the battery cover is off. When you finish connecting your power sources, replace the back cover and tighten the screws. Then attach the Outdoor Siren to the mounting bracket. Tighten the security screw on the bottom of the bracket.
Use these directions for each power source.
3 D Batteries (included)
The Outdoor Siren comes with 3 D batteries.
- During setup, the Ring app will prompt you to pull the battery tab.
Ring Quick Release Battery Pack (sold separately)
Can be manually recharged or charged with a Ring Solar Panel, also sold separately.
- First charge the Quick Release Battery fully.
- Next, carefully insert Quick Release Battery Pack, starting with the pin side.
Ring Solar Panel or Ring Super Solar Panel (sold separately)
Requires a Quick Release Battery Pack.
- First, refer to the Solar Panel guide to learn how to install the Solar Panel.
- Remove the rubber stopper from the DC Jack on the back of the Outdoor Siren, then connect the Solar Panel to the Outdoor Siren.
- Add your Quick Release Battery Pack.
Hardwired, using the Ring Plug-In Adapter (2nd gen)
The Outdoor Siren’s hardwire terminal block supports the Ring Plug-in Adapter 2nd Gen. Make sure the indoor power outlet is in range and the power cable reaches the Outdoor Siren. Note: The Plug-in Adapter (2nd gen) is not intended to be plugged into an outlet outside.
- Loosen the Outdoor Siren’s positive and negative terminals with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Open the rubber cover and thread the wires through.
The Outdoor Siren’s hardwire terminal block supports 9–28V, 12W DC power input and 22–16AWG gauge wire. Click here for hardwiring instructions.
When you finish connecting your power sources, replace the back cover and tighten the screws. Then attach the Outdoor Siren to the mounting bracket. Tighten the security screw on the bottom of the bracket.