The LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control allows you to make your garage door part of your smart, connected home with open/close alerts and schedules.
Download product manuals:
Setting up your LiftMaster MyQ Smart Garage Control
Before you begin, make sure that your router is set up and you have a wifi network in your home. Click here for eero router setup (Link to eero article). Please note that you’ll need your wifi network and password for LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control setup.
- Next, make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the myQ App from the Apple App store or Google Play Store.
- Your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Contro and Door Sensor should be set up in your garage. Check your myQ product manual and make sure that you can identify each device.
- Before you begin, you should test the wifi signal strength in your garage. Click here to learn more. If you don’t have any wifi signal, you can
- Move your eero router (or other router) closer to the garage to minimize interference from walls and other objects.
- Pull the battery tab from the door sensor to activate the battery (if it hasn’t already been removed). You can press the test button to confirm that the LED on the door sensor blinks.
- Open the myQ App and set up your account. Click here to learn more.
- You’ll need to confirm your account registration by clicking a link in your email. Check that the email is not in your Junk or Spam folder.
- Plug in your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control. If blue LED is not blinking:
- Unplug and plug back in.
- If the blue LED still does not blink, reset to factory default:
- Press and hold the Settings button until the blue LED blinks (about 10 seconds) then release.
- Press and hold the Settings button again until the LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control beeps.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Resetting the LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control to factory default erases the Wi-Fi settings, erases door sensors, and removes the MyQ Smart Garage Hub from the currently paired myQ account.
- Log into the MyQ App. Follow the directions in the print or downloaded MyQ setup manual. You’ll add the discovered device to your wireless network using your wifi network name and password.
- Add your garage door opener using the LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control manual directions. These directions may vary depending on your specific garage door opener.
- You will be asked to include the specific brand or model of garage door opener. Make sure you have that information accessible.
- Follow the pairing steps by pressing and releasing the Learn button on you garage door opener. You may have to stand on a ladder to do this.
- CAUTION: When standing on a ladder, please use extra caution to minimize the risk of falling. Make sure that the ladder is on solid ground.
- As you complete the steps in the app, the garage door should move.
- Your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control should be installed on the ceiling. If it’s not, click here for installation instructions. (link to installation article)
Linking LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control to the Ring app
To add your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control to the Ring app:
- Open the Ring app, tap on the menu, tap Devices, then tap Set up a device. Scroll down and tap Garage Door Openers
- On the “Add myQ to your Shortcuts” screen, tap Begin Setup.
- Follow the steps to link your Amazon and Ring accounts.
- Follow the steps to link your Amazon and myQ accounts.
- When you finish this step, you’ll have a new tile on your Ring app dashboard linking to the myQ app where you can monitor and manage your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control.
Make the most of your LiftMaster myQ Smart Garage Control by enabling In-Garage Delivery from Key by Amazon after device setup in the myQ app. With Key by Amazon, Prime members in select cities can get their Amazon packages securely delivered inside their garage. Learn more about Key by Amazon In-Garage Delivery at www.amazon.com/keygarage
Still need help with myQ?
Is something not quite right? Use the links below to find instructions and answers.
- Connecting a myQ Smart Garage Hub to wifi
- Error when setting up your myQ Smart Garage Hub
- How to start over if the MyQ Home Bridge setup failed
- Unable to connect the Smart Garage Hub/myQ Garage to home wifi
- Device loses wifi connection in the garage
- Range of the Smart Garage Hub or Internet Gateway to a device
- Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener or MyQ Garage Wi-Fi Hub connect to my wireless network home router
- Recommended router settings for the myQ Wi-Fi products
- How to Create or Delete an Alert for a myQ Account
- How to resolve a Close error in the myQ app
- Where to find the myQ serial number
- How to Test and Replace the Battery in Your Chamberlain Smart Garage Hub Door Sensor (VIDEO)
- How do I reconnect to myQ after I change my router settings?