Ring Alarm Pro
Ring Power Packs
eero and your wifi network
Ring Protect Pro and 24/7 Backup Internet**
Using Alarm Pro at Jobsites
- How to sign up for professional monitoring*
- Getting a call from Ring's monitoring center*
- Understanding professional monitoring* response plans
- Customizable police response for Ring professional monitoring*
- How to get a permit
- How to get an professional monitoring* certificate for your insurance company
Replacing your Base Station
- Upgrading your Ring Alarm Base Station
- Troubleshooting the Alarm Pro Base Station replacement steps
- Managing your saved Base Station settings
- Ring Alarm Base Station Replacement Checklist
- Manually upgrading or replacing a Base Station
Can I use Alarm Pro if I don’t have a broadband internet connection at my location?
Yes! You can set up your Alarm Pro using 24/7 Backup Internet** for your primary internet service. You will get 3GB of cellular data each month, included in your Ring Protect Pro subscription. If you need more, opt in to Extra Data. You’ll be charged $3 per GB of cellular data that you use at the end of each month.
Do I still need my wifi router if I use Alarm Pro?
No. Ring Alarm Pro has a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router that connects directly to your modem. Wifi setup is simple using the eero app. You can create a secure wifi mesh network at your location in minutes, and use it to connect any wifi device to the internet. Ring Alarm Pro supports fast wifi, and covers an area of up to 1500 square feet.*** The image below shows you the right way to set up your Alarm Pro as a router or gateway.
Alarm Pro will be connected to your modem and the internet using an ethernet cable, but will communicate with the cameras and devices in your home using wifi. You can expand your wifi network at any time by adding eero 6 Extenders. Each adds up to 1500 sq. ft. of Wi-Fi 6 coverage to your existing network.**
Which Ring devices work with the Alarm Pro?
The Ring Alarm Pro works with a wide range of wifi and Z-Wave devices, including:
- Ring Alarm security devices, including Contact Sensors, Motion Detectors, Keypads and Range Extenders (both 1st gen and 2nd gen), which connect via Z-Wave
- Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras connect via wifi
- Ring Power Packs for external battery backup, which plug right into your Alarm Pro
- Ring Alarm accessories, including Flood & Freeze Sensors, Smoke & CO Listeners* and Panic Buttons
- Works with Ring Z-Wave and wifi accessories, including smart locks, switches and other compatible smart home accessories
- eero 6 Extenders to expand your Wi-Fi 6 mesh network
- Amazon Alexa-enabled devices to help you control your smart home with voice activated commands
You can add more devices to your Ring Alarm Pro anytime. Tap here to order Ring Alarm Pro.
Legal Terms and Disclosures
Ring Alarm Professional Monitoring*
Ring Alarm Pro and Ring Alarm professional monitoring* service is available within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) Ring does not own its own professional monitoring* center. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification. Tax not included. Enrollment required. If you are interested in learning more about professional monitoring* in Canada please learn more about your Protect Plans here.
eero Wi-Fi 6 router
eero mesh wifi router provides up to 1500 sq. ft. of coverage. Adding eero Extenders expands coverage in larger homes. W Internet connection speeds depend on your internet service provider. Maximum wireless signal rates are derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specification. Specifications assume wired ethernet connection, experienced speeds may vary based on network configuration. Coverage estimates are based on normal use conditions. Actual range and performance can vary, including due to factors such as interference, connected devices, device usage, building materials and obstructions. Specifications are based on use of a Wi-Fi 6 or later generation client device.
24/7 Backup Internet**
Compatible Ring Protect subscription required (sold separately). Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. May require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro for more details. Ring Alarm Pro is designed to be used as your primary router. It must be directly connected to your modem as the Internet gateway. Don’t set up Ring Alarm Pro on an existing wifi network.
Home insurance discounts with a Ring Protect Pro subscription and professional monitoring*
Actual savings vary depending on insurance carrier and policy. Example savings based on example home insurance premium of $1500 and at least 6.7% discount for alarm professional monitoring.*
Advanced online security features are available to US customers with eero Secure, which is included with a Ring Protect Pro subscription.
Alexa Guard Plus
Guard Plus is available only to customers located in the U.S. You must have a supported Echo device to enable Guard Plus. To access Guard Plus benefits, you must link your Ring and Amazon accounts and complete Guard Plus setup in the Alexa app. The Alexa Emergency Helpline is not a 911 service and may not work during outages or if you're experiencing connectivity issues.
Ring Alarm Pro, a microSD card, and a Ring Protect subscription, all sold separately, are required to use Ring Edge features. For more information, visit ring.com/alarm-pro (http://ring.com/alarm-pro).
Ring Edge is currently not available for Ring Video Doorbell 4, Floodlight Cam Wired Pro, Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen), or Stick Up Cam (1st Gen).
* A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring Alarm licenses at: https://www.ring.com/licenses.
** Compatible Ring Protect subscription required (sold separately). Extra data charges may apply. Cellular data is provided by a third party carrier. Coverage, uptime, technology, and speeds will vary. Will require backup power if the power goes out. Visit ring.com/alarm-pro for more details. Ring Alarm Pro is designed to be used as a router, and using your Alarm Pro as an extender will prevent you from accessing many of the Protect Pro subscription features, including 24/7 Backup Internet.
*** Advanced online security features are available to US customers with eero Secure, which is included with a Ring Protect Pro subscription.