The Ring Alarm Outdoor Siren is designed to alert anyone passing by and deter intruders. You can add the Outdoor Siren to your Ring Alarm and when it's triggered, it will sound a loud 100dB+ siren and flash a red strobe LED light to alert anyone passing by. Mounts easily on the exterior wall of your home, with multiple battery and hardwired power options to choose from for your convenience. You can turn on the Dusk to Dawn feature and let your Outdoor Siren tell everyone your home is protected by Ring.
Outdoor Siren Features
- Requires a Ring Alarm
- Can be powered by multiple power sources, including a Ring Quick Release Battery Pack with a Ring Solar Panel for wireless charging (both sold separately)
- Adjustable volume and duration for the siren to help meet any local laws
- Siren can be turned off, so strobe light flashes only during alarm events.
Additional Outdoor Siren Specifications
- Includes 3 D Batteries
- Can add Solar Panel and Quick Release Battery Pack
- Can be hardwired using (wiring specs)
- Can be hardwired using Ring Plug- in Adapter (2nd gen)
- Turns on when the Ring Alarm siren is triggered, turns off when Ring Alarm is disarmed, or after a preset amount of time
- Dusk to Dawn feature turns on the Ring logo light around sunset, and it turns off around sunrise.
Outdoor Siren Setup
How to setup your Outdoor Siren:
- Make sure your Ring Alarm is disarmed.
- In the Ring app, tap Menu, then tap Set Up a Device, then tap Security Devices, then tap Sirens, and tap Ring Alarm Outdoor Siren.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete setup.
- Choose a prominent location so neighbors, passerby and emergency responders can locate your home in case of an emergency.
Note: If you're planning to install a Ring Quick Release Battery Pack, you should fully charge it first.
Frequently Asked Questions
How loud is the Siren? Can I change the volume?
The Ring Alarm Outdoor Siren is louder than 100dB at 1m when set to the loudest setting. The Siren is adjustable and you can set it to five volume settings between silent and maximum volume. By default, the volume will play at the lowest volume and only play for 3 minutes.
Where can I mount the Outdoor Siren?
The Outdoor Siren is weather resistant (IP66) and can be mounted to most outdoor surfaces. You’ll want to mount it in a spot where it can be easily seen by anyone passing by, it can easily reach your preferred power sources, and you can stay safe while mounting it on a wall.
What are the Outdoor Siren Power source options?
The Outdoor Siren comes with 3 D Batteries. You can also add:
- Ring Solar Panel to charge a Quick Release Battery Pack (sold separately)
- Hardwire to a 9-28V, 12W, DC power adapter
- Hardwire using the Ring Plug-in Adapter (2nd Gen) (sold separately)
You must add the Quick Release Battery Pack to use the Solar Panel, or optionally can be added when hardwired to cover all eventualities. Both options will keep the Battery Pack charged. When you add an additional power source, Outdoor Siren will use this for power, and keep the D Batteries as a backup power source.
Does the Ring logo on the front light up?
Yes, the Ring logo LED can light up using the “Dusk to Dawn” feature. By enabling this feature, the Outdoor Siren looks like a yard sign, letting everyone know your property is protected by Ring Alarm. In order to use Dusk to Dawn, you need to have an additional power source connected to the Outdoor Siren as well as the D batteries. (If you only use the included 3 D batteries, Dusk to Dawn won’t be available for use.)
What happens to the Outdoor Siren when the Alarm triggers?
When the Ring Alarm siren is sounding inside the house, the Outdoor Siren LED lights are flashing and the siren is sounding outside the house according to the preset volume and duration settings. You can adjust these settings depending on your preference, or to help remain in compliance with local laws.
How far can the Outdoor Siren be mounted from the Ring Alarm Base Station?
The Outdoor Siren can be mounted up to 250ft, however your available range may be different due to the unique environment around your home.
What if the Outdoor Siren location is too far from my Ring Alarm Base Station?
You can add a Ring Alarm Range Extender between the Outdoor Siren and the Base Station to extend the Z-Wave signal. Range Extenders are available on Ring.com and Amazon.com.