The Ring Chime Pro has a built-in wifi extender to boost your network for all your Ring doorbells and cameras. It’s important to install your Ring Chime Pro in a location where it gets a strong wifi signal from your router yet is able to extend a strong signal to your doorbells and cameras. The Chime Pro Placement Test feature can help ensure you have a good installation by following the steps below:
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the three lines on the top left of the Dashboard.
- Tap Devices.
- Select the Chime that you want to check.
- Tap Chime Pro Network
- If you have one or more devices connected to Chime Pro Network, you will see an option to run Chime Pro Placement Test at the top of the list. If you do not have any devices connected to Chime Pro Network, tap on the device in the list that you would like to connect and follow the steps in the app before continuing below.
- Tap Run Placement Test.
- The Screen will list your Chime Pro and any devices connected to Chime Pro Network. If you have more than one device connected to Chime Pro Network, they will be listed in order of weakest signal to strongest signal.
- Follow the steps in the mobile application to optimize your placement of Chime Pro. This may involve unplugging Chime Pro and plugging it back into a different outlet. Once plugged in, Chime Pro will automatically reboot and your settings will be preserved.
- Tap Test Again to recheck the placement of Chime Pro. Note: this process can take up to 2 minutes to complete.
- Repeat Chime Pro Placement Test as often as necessary until you achieve a good result.
If you skipped steps after setting up the Chime Pro, you may need to complete some steps in order for all your features to work properly.
To find out how to activate features, click on the applicable link below: