We’re always working to improve the Ring app so it’s easy and convenient to use. Quick Controls is a feature in the Timeline that will allow you to see the current status of multiple devices at a quick glance.
This article will detail all the information you need about Quick Controls.
What are Quick Controls?
Quick Controls is a new feature in the Timeline that put Location-relevant device controls at your fingertips when you review recordings on your Timeline.
Quick Controls gives you control over lights and sirens, on your ring devices, as well as smart locks available at that Location. Quick Controls will also show the status of myQ-enabled garage doors.
How do Quick Controls work?
Quick Controls are function-specific buttons for the current Location. Press the button in the bottom center of the Love View (or on the left-hand side in landscape orientation), you will see up to three tabs:
- Device Control: Shows the current status of, and provides toggles to activate, the light and/or siren for the Floodlight Cam, Spotlight Cam, and Stick-Up Cam.
- Locks: Shows the current status of, and provides toggles to lock/unlock, any Z-Wave locks, Amazon Key lock, and Ring Access Controller Pro associated with the Location and account.
- Garage: Shows the current status of linked myQ garage door opener devices, and provides a link to the myQ app where the garage doors can be opened or closed.
- Note: Going to the myQ app will end a Live View.
To see Quick Controls in Live View, you must have Event History Timeline enabled.
To ensure that your Event History Timeline is enabled:
- Tap the three lines on the top left in the Ring app
- Tap Account
- Look for Advanced Settings
- Toggle the Event History Timeline on (blue).
Is Ring planning on creating new Quick Controls?
Ring is always working to improve its products. Should new Quick Controls be launched in the Ring app, we’ll inform our neighbors here and on Ring.com.