Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer. That's why Ring provides the Neighbors app as a free tool for communities to connect and share valuable safety information from reliable sources--whether or not they own a Ring device.
Ring provides this Press Kit and the materials included below so that local residents, public safety officials, journalists and community members can learn more about Neighbors.
Click Here to Download the Press Kit
Press Kit includes: Neighbors Factsheet, Neighbors Logo & Graphics
Neighbors is a free app created for residents to connect and share hyper-local safety updates and information from reliable sources. Neighbors Public Safety Service is an interface that allows local public safety agencies to join Neighbors to help keep residents safe and informed.
Key Neighbors Features
- Stay Informed: Millions of residents in communities across the U.S. have joined Neighbors and use it to receive real-time, hyper-local safety updates from fellow neighbors and the public safety agencies that serve them.
- Share Safety Updates: Share safety-related updates with your community by creating a new post or commenting on existing posts in your local Neighbors feed.
- Customize Your Experience: Select your neighborhood area of interest and adjust your settings to see only the types of updates you wish to receive and how often you would like to receive them.
- Helpful Safety Services: In some neighborhoods, public safety agencies use Neighbors to connect with residents and share hyper-local safety updates in the communities they serve. Visit Ring’s Active Agency Map to see if your local public safety agency is on Neighbors.
- User Privacy & Control: When using Neighbors, police and other public safety agencies can only view what residents have posted publicly to the Neighbors App or what they have shared in response to a Request for Assistance. Police do not have access to users’ Ring devices, live streams or personal information when using Neighbors.
How to Join Neighbors
- For Residents: Download the Neighbors app for free on iOS, Android and FireOS devices. You do not need to own a Ring device or any home security system in order to participate on Neighbors.
- For Public Safety Agencies: Visit communityprograms.ring.com to complete the form and learn more about Neighbors Public Safety Service.
Links to More Information
About the Neighbors App
How Public Safety Agencies Use NPSS
Get In Touch