The Ring Alarm Panic feature is a way for Ring Alarm owners to instantly trigger emergency response through their Ring Alarm system. The Panic alarm can be triggered with the Ring Alarm Panic Button (1st Generation or 2nd Generation or the Ring Alarm Keypad.
Make sure you know how the Panic Alarm is triggered:
- Keypad (2nd Generation) Police/Panic button: Press and hold the Police button for 3 seconds.
- Keypad (1st Generation): Press and hold the ✓ and x buttons for 3 seconds.
- Panic Button: Press and hold the button for 3 seconds.
- Keep your Keypads and Panic Buttons out of the reach of children and/or pets to avoid accidentally setting off the alarm.
- If you want to test this functionality, you should toggle your monitoring status to Self-Monitored. This will allow you to test the functionality, without alerting our Central Monitoring Station. After testing, be sure to toggle back to professional monitoring.* Click here for more information about testing your Panic Button.
* A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for a business or commercially zoned address. See Ring alarm licenses at: ring.com/licenses. Additional permit or false alarm fees may apply depending on your local jurisdiction. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification.