If you have smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) professional monitoring* please read this carefully:
- False smoke alarms can only be canceled from the Keypad. You can’t cancel a smoke alarm from the Ring app. If you need to cancel you can disarm your Keypad or your first emergency contact must answer the call from the monitoring center and verbally request to cancel.
- CO alarms can never be canceled. Local laws require that the fire department check on every CO alarm in order to make sure everyone is safe.
- Make sure your first emergency contact can always answer the phone. We can only call your first emergency contact before calling the fire department to request help for a fire alarm.
- Carbon monoxide alarms will result in an immediate dispatch of the Fire Department. If you experienced a false CO alarm, we recommend that you check and fix the device that caused it.
Having an issue with your Ring Smoke and CO Listener* device? Click here for help.
* A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring Alarm licenses at: https://www.ring.com/licenses.