Discover useful setup tip for your Ring Contact Sensors to help you avoid false alarms.
- Review your Contact Sensor to ensure you've set it up your device correctly.
Use the right placement settings.
- Set a door you use often to Main Door.
- Set a door you rarely use to Secondary Door.
- Always set windows to the Window setting.
- Adjust Entry and Exit delays to give you enough time to enter, exit, and use your alarm without setting off false alarms.
- Close doors and windows tightly to ensure they are shut. If your door or window pops open, it can set off a false alarm.
- Securely attach Contact Sensors and Magnets to your doors and windows. If it falls off while armed, it could set off a false alarm.