The Motion Warning feature, only available in the US, on selected Ring devices, is a digital recording that notifies visitors that they have triggered motion detection and are being recorded.
The message plays through the speaker on your Ring device. It says: Hi, you are currently being recorded.
This feature is being rolled out incrementally for selected Ring devices. The Motion Warning feature is not available on battery-powered devices, even if the devices are connected to external power. If you have an eligible device (listed below) but don't see the feature, make sure you have the most current version of the Ring app. If you need to know how to update your Ring app, use this link for instructions.
If your device is not eligible for the Motion Warning feature, the toggle button will be gray and you will not be able to enable it.
Devices that have the Motion Warning Feature
- Stick Up Cam Elite
- Stick Up Cam Plug In (3rd Gen)
- Indoor Cam
- Spotlight Cam Wired
- Spotlight Cam Mount
- Floodlight Cam
- Floodlight Cam Wired Pro
- Floodlight Cam Wired Plus
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
- Ring Video Doorbell Elite
How to Turn Motion Warning On/Off
- Tap the three lines on the top left in the Ring app
- Tap Devices
- Tap the specific device you want to enable with Motion Warning
- The next screen is the Device Dashboard
- You'll need to have at least one Motion Zone established in order to activate Motion Warning
- Toggle on Motion Warning in the top right
- Once Motion Warning is turned on, you'll get a message that it's enabled
- The volume of Motion Warning cannot be adjusted
- To disable Motion Warning, simple toggle the feature off in the Device Dashboard.