Learn about Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam and how it can help connect your Spotlight Cam Wired to your home electrical system.
What is the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam?
The Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam is a package of tools and parts that allows you to hardwire your Spotlight Cam wired directly into an electrical box instead of a regular outlet for consistent power delivery.
What is the benefit of hardwiring a Spotlight Cam into an electrical box?
Hardwiring a Spotlight Cam provides peace of mind that your cam will stay charged around the clock. Batteries have to be recharged on occasion, wired electrical plugs are vulnerable to electrical shorts or being pulled out of the wall, and solar panels are vulnerable to cloudy or rainy days. Hardwiring a Spotlight Cam into your electrical system ensures consistent power will be supplied to your camera.
Can I use this kit to mount my Spotlight Cam to the ceiling or an overhanging eave?
Yes. The three included weatherproof box covers can be mounted to electrical boxes on a wall, ceiling, or other overhang.
What comes in the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam?
The Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam contains the following:
Screwdriver and Phillips bit: Used to install the box cover and tighten the security screw.
- Bag of screws and washers: Use four screws when mounting to a round electrical box or two when mounting to a rectangular box.
- Wire Nuts: Used to secure and protect wire connections.
- Hanging hook: Used to hold the weatherproof box cover in position as you install.
- Round weatherproof box cover: Used to mount your Spotlight Cam on a round weatherproof electrical box.
- Rectangular weatherproof box covers (vertical and horizontal): Used to mount your Spotlight Cam on a 1-gang rectangular weatherproof electrical box
- Wiring harness and mounting nut: Used to attach your Spotlight Cam to your chosen weatherproof box cover and connect it to your household wiring.
- Security Screw: Used to secure your Spotlight Cam to the box cover.
How do I install the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam?
Install the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam by reviewing this simple step-by-step guide.
How high should my Spotlight Cam be mounted off the ground?
The recommended height for a Spotlight Cam is nine feet off the ground with the motion sensor parallel to the ground. At that height, the Spotlight Cam is optimized to detect human-sized objects at up to 30 feet.