Ring Protect Plus is an optional plan that covers video recording services for Ring devices.
With Ring Protect Plus you'll be able to save up to 60 days of Ring videos for a reasonable price. This lets you check out alerts at your convenience even if you miss one and makes sure that your home is always protected.
The following article details some of the frequently asked questions concerning Ring Protect Plan Plus subscriptions as well as how to sign up for the service.
How do I subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan?
What are the features of the Ring Protect Plan?
The following chart lists the features that come with the Ring Protect Plus Plan:
|Protect Plus Plan||Free|
|Coverage||All Ring devices at one address|
|Video Recording||Access recorded videos of every Ring, motion and live view event for up to 60 days. 2||No|
|Review, share and save Ring videos||Yes||No|
|Ring Alarm professional monitoring||Yes||No|
|Exclusive discounts at Ring.com||10% off Ring products||No|
|Warranty||Extended Warranty 1||Standard 1-Year Warranty|
|Long-term contract||None, cancel anytime||None|
- For extended coverage warranty to apply to your Ring device, the device must be within its original warranty period when you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expires, the device will be covered under Ring Protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription.
- Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days.
To keep important videos beyond that time, download them to your PC or mobile device. You may do this from the Ring application or by going here.
How do I redeem my 10% discount?
You can redeem your 10% discount by following these steps:
- Log in here.
- Click on the Ring logo on the top left corner of the page to go back to the Home page.
- Add your selection to your cart, and proceed to checkout.
- You should see your 10% discount applied on the right side of the page, near the total.
Note: You must log in to your account before you add a device to the cart.
What are the terms of the 10% discount?
The following lists the terms of the 10% discount:
- Applies to Neighbors with Protect Plus at the time of purchase.
- Applies to all Ring-manufactured devices (primary, secondary, and bundles.)
- Discount does not apply retroactively.
- Discount may not be combined with other offers (e.g. - Cyber Monday / Black Friday and Prime Day promos).
- Discount is non-transferable.
- Does not apply to Ring Assist +, third-party devices sold on Ring.com, or non-Ring products.
- You cannot subscribe to the plan and use the 10% discount in the same transaction.
- Discount applies upon the next login session from purchase. To use the discount immediately, log out of your account and log back in.
- You must be logged in to use the discount on Ring.com during checkout.
- The discount will not be applied when you are on the free trial unless you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus during the trial.
How long can I access recorded videos under the Ring Protect Plus Plan?
Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud for up to 60 days,
Do I have to subscribe to the Ring Protect Plus Plan?
No. The Ring Protect Plus Plan subscription is completely optional. If you do not have the Ring Protect Plan at all, you will still be able to view the camera live, as well as receive notifications for events. You will not be able to access recorded videos without a Ring Protect Plan.
If I group my Ring devices into multiple locations, does my Ring Protect Plus Plan cover the devices in all of the locations, or do I need separate plans?
Ring Protect Plus is only good for one geographic location. Therefore if you have Ring devices registered in different locations (say your home and your place of business) you'll need a separate Ring Protect Plan for each group of devices.
Is there a free trial for the Ring Protect Plus Plan?
Yes! Your 30-day trial subscription begins as soon as you activate your new Ring product.
Does the Ring Protect Plus Plan require any contracts or long-term commitments?
No. You can choose to cancel your subscription at any time.
Do I have to pay for extra tablets, phones, or computers connected to a Ring device?
No. You can connect as many phones or tablets as you wish to a single Ring device.
What will happen to my recordings if I don't subscribe?
If you do not subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan by the end of the trial, all recorded videos will be erased, new events will not be stored will cease.
You can still receive Ring and Motion alerts to your mobile device, as well as view Live View on demand on your Ring products without a subscription.
If I don’t sign up for Ring Protect Plan, will I still get alerts?
Yes. You'll still get real-time alerts when visitors ring your doorbell or trigger the motion sensors.
Will adding more sensors, keypads, or motion detectors to Ring Alarm affect the monthly fees for the Ring Protect Plus Plan?
No. You can connect as many devices (to the programmed maximum) as you wish to your Ring Alarm without it affecting your monthly or yearly fee.