The Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd generation) is designed to allow you and anyone at your home or business to easily arm and disarm your system without a smartphone.
The rechargeable battery allows you to move it around your home easily, and the power should last a few months before it needs to be recharged (depending on usage and power save settings). To recharge your Keypad, use the provided USB cable and plug.
Below you'll find descriptions and explanations for each button and light on the Keypad.
- Network light - Only lights up during pairing or to indicate errors. If it's red, there is a network communication failure.
- Battery light - Indicates battery status. When off, there is plenty of battery power. Yellow means the battery is low, and Red means that the battery is very low. This light blinks green when charging.
- Police/Panic button - Sounds the siren and sends push notifications to emergency contacts when pressed. If you have enrolled in professional monitoring, it will also send the monitoring center a panic signal to request police dispatch.
- Fire - Sounds the siren and sends push notifications to emergency contacts when pressed. If you have enrolled in professional monitoring, it will also send the monitoring center a panic signal to request fire department dispatch.
- Medical - The Base Station will flash and a push notification is sent when pressed. The siren will not sound. If you have enrolled in professional monitoring, it will also send the monitoring center a panic signal to request medical / ambulance dispatch.
- Motion sensor - When power save mode is off, this sensor is used to detect motion near the Keypad and light up when needed.
- Disarmed Mode - Enter your access code and press to disarm your Alarm system when arriving home.
- Home Mode - Enter your access code and press to arm your Alarm system in Home Mode when people or large pets are in the home. Also used at night to secure your home while you sleep.
- Away Mode - Enter your access code and press Away to arm your Alarm system when no one will be home.
- Light Bar - Used to indicate remaining time during entry and exit delays.
Using the Keypad Power Saving Mode
The Ring Alarm Keypad has two power save options:
- With power save on: Mode buttons light up when a button is pressed. Numbers light up when it’s dark and any button is pressed. This option will conserve the most energy.
- With power save off: Mode buttons light up when motion is detected. Numbers light up when it’s dark and either (1) a button is pressed or (2) motion is detected.
In order to turn on and off the Keypad power save mode, you’ll need to open the app and use the toggled on the Keypad settings page. From the menu, tap Devices, tap Alarm Base Station, then Keypad. On the Device Details page, tap the gear icon in the corner.