Setting up your Smart Light Bulb in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
- Risk of electrical shock. Do not attempt to open or disassemble the bulb.
- Not suitable for use with standard wall dimmers.
- Suitable for damp locations. Do not use where directly exposed to water.
- This device is not intended for use with emergency exit fixtures or emergency lights.
- Before replacing, turn off power and let the bulb cool to avoid electrical shock or burn.
- Dispose of this device in accordance with disposal laws in your area.
- Not compatible with photo sensors, motion sensors, or timers unless specifically designed for Ring Smart Lighting.
- Use the bulb only in a socket rated for this bulb.
- This device is not a toy designed to be played with by children.
- Do not place the device on hot surface.
- For safety reasons, do not open the device, which will also void warranty.
Step One - Select Set Up a Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap “Set Up a Device.”
- Tap “Smart Lighting.”
- Select your location.
Step Two - Scan the QR Code on Your Device
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code at the base of your Ring Smart Bulb.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Ring A19 or PAR38 Smart LED lightbulb.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and enter the five-digit PIN code underneath your device’s QR code to add your device.
Step Three - Screw in Your Light Bulb
- Ensure power is off!
- Remove the previous bulb.
- Screw in your new Ring Smart Lighting Bulb.
For applications in hard to reach areas, such as in a floodlight fixture that it 10 ft high, you can set up your light in a close by fixture first and then after move it to your desired fixture. I
Note: Be sure the bulb will be installed in a fixture that does not have an internal dimmer, motion or light sensors, or a built-in timer. Additionally, Par38 bulbs should not be installed in totally enclosed fixtures and if an A19 bulb is installed outdoors, the fixture must shield the bulb from water.
Step Four - Restore Power
- Once power is restored, the app will immediately start searching for bulb and connect to update its firmware.
- You should remain close to bulb while the update occurs.
- Your bulb may blink while an update occurs.
Step Five - Name Your Smart Light Bulb
Give your Smart Light Bulb a specific name to distinguish it from the other Ring devices on your account.
Setup is now complete!