Physically installing up your Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) without an existing doorbell is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note that you should set up your Ring Doorbell in your Ring App before mounting it to your door.
Step One: Charge the built-In battery
- Fully charge the builtin battery by plugging it into a power source using the provided orange cable.
- The small light will glow green when fully charged.
Step Two: Line Up your Ring Video Doorbell
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Doorbell below the camera.
- Place the Ring Doorbell next to your door at about 48 inches from the ground.
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
Step Three: Drill Holes
Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Ring Doorbell on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are using the included optional adaptor mounting plate on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
Step Four: Place Your Ring Video Doorbell over the holes.
Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
Step Five: Screw in the Ring Doorbell
Feed all the wires (and the wire nuts if you used them) into your wall and secure your Ring Doorbell on the wall. Be sure you use all four included screws.
Step Six: Tighten the Security Screw
Use one of the provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.