Part of a good home security system is making sure all of its components are powered properly. That gets a little bit easier if you have Alexa monitors and replaces the batteries in your Smart Lights or Ring Alarm contact sensors and motion sensors. Don't worry about batteries running out again, Alexa's got you covered.
The remainder of this article will tell you how to set up, monitor, and automatically replace your batteries.
Note: Alexa's battery monitoring function will not work with Ring Smart Solar Lights.
Setting up Alexa to monitor your batteries
In order to set up your Alexa to monitor your batteries, just follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Ring Smart Light you wish to monitor.
- Tap the gear-shaped Settings icon in the upper right corner.
- In the Settings panel, tap Supply.
- Tap Supply Settings to adjust your battery monitoring.
- On the Supply Settings page, you have three options:
- Automatically re-order when your battery supply is low.
- Note: This will automatically re-order the appropriate batteries from Amazon.com.
- Just notify you when the batteries are running low.
- Turn off notifications.
- Note: This will turn off all battery monitoring and supply notifications.