How do I recharge the battery for my Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Generation)?
Your Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) battery is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your battery will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
To charge your Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) battery:
- Remove the security screws on the base of the doorbell and lift the doorbell up and away from the mounting bracket.
- Connect the orange micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Reattach the Ring unit to the mounting bracket using your security screws.
- After about 30 seconds (time for the Ring Doorbell to start up) test your Ring doorbell by pressing the button on the front.