Setting up your Pathlight in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- If there is an update available for your Ring app, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring App and the rest of your Ring devices.
- Be sure to fully charge the included Lithium Ion battery before installing your Pathlight. To precharge the light, remove the top cap by twisting counterclockwise to expose the battery compartment. Pull the orange battery pull tab to remove and connect the rechargeable battery. Plug in the included micro USB cord to the light and connect to a USB power supply (not included).
Step One - Select Set Up a Device
Open the side menu by tapping the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner of the Ring app.
- Tap “Set Up a Device.”
- Tap “Smart Lighting.”
- Select your location.
Step Two - Scan the QR Code on Your Device
- Twist off the top cap of your Solar Pathlight
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on the bottom of the battery compartment of your Pathlight.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Pathlight.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and enter the five-digit PIN code underneath your device’s QR code to add your device.
Step Three - Remove the battery pull tab in Your Pathlight
Remove the orange battery pull tab and insert the rechargeable battery into the battery compartment.
The light will blink twice when fully powered up. When this happens, press “Continue” in your Ring app.
Step Four - Add Your Pathlight to a Light Group
Select the lights Group you’d like to add your Pathlight to. If you’d like to create a new group that is not listed, you can select “Custom…”
Step Five - Name Your Pathlight
Give your Pathlight a specific name to distinguish it from the other Ring devices on your account. Once in App set up is complete replace the top cap on your pathlight and twist it clockwise to lock it into place.
Step Six - Install your Pathlight
Hammer the stake into the ground at your chosen location. A rubber-headed mallet is recommended
Make sure the "Sensor Direction" arrow is pointing toward the area you want to monitor for motion.
Note: If you're installing multiple Pathlights, space them five to seven feet apart for the best motion sensing performance.
Lower your Pathlight onto the stake and twist clockwise until it clicks to lock into place.