Your phone or tablet’s Do Not Disturb mode is useful when you need peace and quiet, but it will keep you from seeing Ring Alarm emergency alerts immediately.
Follow these instructions to ignore your device’s settings and send you Ring Alarm emergency alerts right away, even if your phone is in Do Not Disturb Mode.
- Open the Ring app and tap on the Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Alerts.
- Tap the PUSH tab on the right.
- You will see an ON or OFF status which indicates your device’s current settings. To change your device settings, tap on the arrow.
- You’ll be presented with a screen that describes how emergency alerts work with your device now. To change the current settings, tap the Change Device Settings.
If you have an IOS device, you will need to allow the Ring app to send critical alerts from the following native iOS modal. This modal will display when you view Emergency Alerts in the New Features menu in addition to tapping "Change Device Settings" in your Alarm Alert push notification settings.
You can also allow Critical Alerts using your iPhone or iPad's settings. Simply open Settings, then tap Ring, then tap Notifications.
If you have an Android device, your settings may vary. The image below shows the typical settings for Samsung devices, but yours may be different. Consult your device manual or manufacturer’s website for specific instructions.
NOTE: Please note that this feature applies to push notifications only, not emails. This feature will be available for those with both professional monitored* and self-monitored Ring Alarm system, and will apply to all Ring Alarm systems that you can access as either an owner or Shared User.
* Outside of the US, this feature will be available for those with both Assisted Monitoring and self-monitored Ring Alarm system.