Your phone or tablet’s Do Not Disturb mode is useful when you need peace and quiet, but it will keep you from seeing Ring Alarm emergency alerts immediately.
Follow these instructions to override your device’s settings and receive Ring Alarm emergency alerts right away, even if your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode:
- Open the Ring app and tap on the main menu (3-lined icon in the top left corner).
- Tap Settings then Alert Settings.
- Tap Alarm.
- Tap the PUSH tab on the top right.
- Under Emergency Alerts, you’ll see an ON or OFF status which indicates your device’s current Do Not Disturb setting. Tap Mobile Device Do Not Disturb Settings to make changes.
- You’ll view a screen that describes how emergency alerts work with your device currently. Tap Change Device Settings to override your device’s Do Not Disturb settings so that you’ll receive Ring Alarm emergency alerts. You’ll be taken to your mobile device’s Ring Alarm "Notifications" settings screen.
If you have an iOS device, under Ring Notifications, toggle on Critical Alerts.
If you have an Android device, your settings screen may vary. The image below shows an example of settings for Samsung devices, but your Android device may be different. Consult your device manual or manufacturer’s website for specific instructions.
IMPORTANT: Emergency alerts in Do Not Disturb mode only applies to push notifications, not emails. Emergency alerts in Do Not Disturb mode is available for those with professionally monitored* and self-monitored** Ring Alarm systems, as well as Assisted Monitoring,** and will apply to all Ring Alarm systems that you can access as an owner or Shared User.
What About Receiving Emergency Calls in Do Not Disturb Mode?
To ensure that you receive emergency calls from the Ring monitoring center when your mobile device is in Do Not Disturb (DND) mode, save the Ring monitoring center phone number (833-209-2159) as a contact, then set it as an exception:
- iOS: Set the contact phone number with "Emergency Bypass" toggled on.
- Android: Under Settings, tap “Sound & vibration,“ then ”Do Not Disturb.“
Click here for more information about setting your device to receive emergency calls from the Ring monitoring center, even when it is in Do Not Disturb mode.
Consult your device manual or manufacturer’s website for specific instructions.
Which Ring Alarm Alerts Are Included in Critical Alerts?
The following Ring Alarm emergency alerts will continue to display even when your mobile device is in Do Not Disturb (DND) mode:
- Ring Alarm Alarming
- Low Temp Detected
- Water Detected
* A compatible Ring Protect subscription is required to enroll in the Ring Alarm professional monitoring service. Professional monitoring service is available only within the U.S. (all 50 states, but not U.S. territories) and in Canada (excluding Quebec). Ring does not own its own professional monitoring center. Smoke and carbon monoxide monitoring is not available for commercial properties. See Ring alarm licenses at: http://ring.com/licenses. Additional permit or false alarm fees may apply depending on your local jurisdiction. Additional charges may apply in areas that require permits or guard response service for alarm verification.
** Outside of the US, this feature will be available for those with both Assisted Monitoring and self-monitored Ring Alarm systems.