Everyone uses their Ring Alarm to protect their home in different ways, which is why we now offer customizable police response options for residential neighbors with professional monitoring. You'll no longer have to worry about having the police show up unexpectedly or getting fined for false alarms because you missed a call.
Ring Alarm residential neighbors with a valid Ring Protect subscription and who are enrolled in professional monitoring can now specify when they want the police to be dispatched to their location.
Note: Customizable police response is for burglar alarms only. Panic, SOS and other alarms will not be changed.
What are the customizable police response options?
Option 1 - If No One Cancels (default)
With this option, the police will be requested to your location unless an emergency contact answers the phone and cancels the alarm.
Note: The correct verbal password is needed to cancel the alarm.
Option 2 - Only When I Say
With this option, the police will not be requested unless an emergency contact answers the phone and requests a police response.
With both options, voicemail messages will be left for all emergency contacts who do not answer the phone.
How do I customize my police response?
- Open the Ring app and tap on the Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Monitoring.
- Tap on Police and Fire Response.
- To customize your police response, tap Edit.
- If you make a change, don’t forget to tap Save.
How can I use these customizable police response options?
It’s up to you! We’ve seen our neighbors use these options in many ways, such as:
- Using “Only When I Say So” police response for their empty vacation home during the winter.
- Switching their home to “If No One Cancels” police response whenever they go out of town for the weekend.
- Using “Only When I Say So” when their teenagers are home alone so they can check in on the kids first before requesting police in order to avoid false alarms.
These settings can be used in a variety of situations, and you can toggle between them at any time without disabling your professional monitoring service.